Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Horror > Medieval Minds has become one of my favorites

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by R. (new)

R. (rholland) | 102 comments We all have those books we write that may become one of our favorites. I am pleased to say that Medieval Minds has exceeded my expectations! It has received 2 four star reviews and 5 five star reviews not including the 5 star review here on Goodreads!

I recently received an email from a reader that made me speechless. He/She caught something in the book that I hadn't even noticed. When I wrote the book, I honestly just pictured a young woman that never really accepted death, but she was forced to when it was all around her. The book became much more. It made the reader cry in various parts but not for the reasons I would have thought. They said it was so beautifully written that they felt a part of Victoria and wanted to know what happened to her at the end. It's obvious that Victoria never leaves, because that's part of the curse. They wanted to know if Victoria was now evil like the "Black Witch" or will she show mercy on her faithful servants. I never intended for Medieval Minds to have a second part and still don't intend to. It is meant to be a stand-alone. All I know, is that this is the second person asking for more. Should I try to write a part two (let's face it, those don't always go over well). Should I feel guilty for leaving readers wanting more? Or should I let it be?

Also, I recently did a KDP Free days but didn't advertise because I felt the readers actually looking for this type of read would find it, instead of those just looking to collect a free read.

It's not free anymore but did gather some sells after the promotion. Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Minds-...

message 2: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments Congrats! It's always nice to get good feedback on a book. I have added it to my 'to-reads' list. Sounds like an interesting read.

Also, who did your cover? It looks great!

message 3: by R. (new)

R. (rholland) | 102 comments Thanks, Justin! You should see the back of the cover. Gemma Newey at Dark Phreak Arts. I love her work and she always seems to amaze me with her designs. She has re-designed the cover for For the People Series and has designed covers for upcoming books. She's great for the genre I write in!

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2163 comments I knew that work looked familiar, shes my cover artist too! She's done all three of my book covers and yes she does excellent work!

message 5: by R. (new)

R. (rholland) | 102 comments Great minds think alike! I've seen your covers as well.