Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Turn off Kindle Touch

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael | 15 comments I have been wondering how do I have turn my Kindle Touch off so it won't use the battery?

My Kindle seems to lose battery quite quick like I wouldn't turn it off...after all the battery is supposed to last 2 month when it's in daily use.

Thanks for your advice.

message 2: by Shaina (new)

Shaina (shainaeg) If you hold down the power button it should turn off. But it shouldn't be losing any more battery when sleeping than when off. The touch is a few years old and it's likely that the battery is just getting older. And I'm pretty sure the 2 month figure is with very little use, so if you're actually reading it'll be less. I've never gotten that kind of battery life out of any of my kindles with normal use. Two weeks is more realistic.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 366 comments Check and see if your wifi is on? That will cause the battery to run down - the 2mth number is also based on only reading 30 min a day

message 4: by Helen (new)

Helen 30 minutes?! Who are they kidding, I'd never finish anything.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael | 15 comments @ Shaina

I had bought my Kindle Touch only a few month before they replaced it with the Paperwhite.

I usually turn it off this way and I only turn on the Wifi when I buy ebooks or when I want to syncronize my reading progress.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael | 15 comments @Dee

30 minutes per day lol? This must be a joke.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael | 15 comments PS: I have only read about 2-3 books on it yet

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 366 comments Nope - it's in the fine print - like 30 min with small font (less page turns) - my paper white gets charged about once a week or so - abt when it hits 2/3 used charge

message 9: by Linda K (new)

Linda K When I had my kindle touch it was charged once a week also. My paperwhite is about the same. One thing I do I check is the cloud on the paperwhite. I set it to recent and let it index any books that have been deleted from the device. Indexing can drain the battery.