Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1)
This topic is about Love Comes Silently
Archive (Buddy Reads) > May Buddy Read-*Spoilers*- Loves Comes Silently- m/m

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran, Moderator (last edited May 05, 2014 07:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments *SPOILERS possible in this thread*

Our May M/M buddy read is Love Comes Silently Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1) by Andrew Grey .

This one looks emotional! I'm looking forward to it...with tissues ready....

✰ Zainab ✰ (zai0) | 14 comments Count me in ^_^

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments I'm looking forward to it too!

message 4: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments I know I said I was taking a few days off....but of course I couldn't! Very rainy day here and quiet, so I read Love Comes Silently Love Comes Silently (Senses, #1) by Andrew Grey .

So good! I loved it, you guys are in for a real treat. Thanks to Dee for suggesting this series. I would be happy to read the rest of them in the future :)

I will wait until May and more of you have read it to discuss :)

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments Bad Fran - reading books early!!

✰ Zainab ✰ (zai0) | 14 comments i just finished this!

one of the best m/m i've ever read.. no, scratch that.. ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS I'VE EVER READ!

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments I put a Spoiler warning at the top of the thread.

Feel free to post your comments about the book here. If there is something very specific you don't want to mention because it's early in the month and more participants may read it, you can use a spoiler tag if you want to.

For Spoilers -

<*spoiler> before the text and <*/spoiler> after the text will hide the spoiler comment. Be sure to take away the * when posting.

message 8: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments I still need to read this but I just read book 3 and enjoyed it (it can be read stand-alone)

message 9: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7112 comments I finished this a couple of days ago, and really enjoyed it...very sweet! There was only one thing that bugged me just a bit, and that was (view spoiler) But that was a relatively small thing, and definitely didn't ruin the story for me. I'm looking forward to continuing with the books in the series!

message 10: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments I finished this evening and I thought the story was very sweet. I really liked - gave it 4+ stars!

message 11: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments I don't know what I have been doing, but I am SO behind :) I need some of Fran's wet days!

Off to see if I already own this book :)

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments I know we have some time left to May, but.....any ideas for June?

message 13: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments Karen, I agree with you. The story line with the ex seemed a bit unfinished. But the rest of it was so good!

message 14: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments I was wondering about ideas for June too! I'd be ok reading the next one of this group Love Comes in Darkness. I don't really have any other ideas though.

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments I'm yet to read this one, but hope to squeeze it in :)

I'll ponder options, but otherwise I'm happy to go Andrew Grey again. ...we need some more freebies!!!!

message 16: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments A freebie would be great for June.....

message 17: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited May 23, 2014 08:26PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments Some freebies from the Love Has No Boundaries event that I am yet to read:

Winter Winds
Mission: X
Love You So Hard
The Lion and the Crow
Double Exposure

I don't think any of us have read these, except maybe Breann, but she isn't always a reader anyway...

I have the ePub versions and can access the Kindle equivalent if you aren't an MM member...

message 18: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments I haven't read any of those Jane :)

I would try any of them. I also have Grand Adventures I would like to get to. I know it's not free, but I think we may all have it?

message 19: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments I don't know that I'll get to this month's read. I'm not the biggest Andrew Grey fan...

I do have Grand Adventures and was planning on reading it next month. But June is going to be super busy for me, so pick whatever works for you girls :)

message 20: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments I would like to read Grand Adventures at some point too, but the next two months are going to be extraordinarily busy for me. So I would prefer to find something shorter. Normally I would want the longer book to qualify for one of the other challenges, but this time I would rather stick with a shortie!

message 21: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7112 comments I agree with Kat - while I don't have as much on my plate for the next couple of months as she does, it's going to be a bit busy here, too. As much as I'm looking forward to Grand Adventures, I'd be happier with a shorter book for next month, too. Any of the freebies would be fine with me - none really jump out at me above the others, but they all sound like they'd be good.

message 22: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments Short is great with me for June! And free!

message 23: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments I am reading Got Your Six Got Your Six by R.J. Scott for the June Monthly...did anyone read that one yet?

message 24: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7112 comments Sounds good to me, Fran - I already had something penciled in that slot in the monthly challenge, but this one's shorter! ;-)

The reviews are pretty intriguing, too...

message 25: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments Fran wrote: "I am reading Got Your SixGot Your Six by R.J. Scott for the June Monthly...did anyone read that one yet?"

Not yet - wasn't even on my radar, so that sounds fine to me :)

I have no idea what 'Grand Adventures' is - so off to check that one out...

message 26: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments not a freebie, but Pickup Men is like 99 cents on amazon right now

message 27: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7112 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Fran wrote: "I am reading Got Your SixGot Your Six by R.J. Scott for the June Monthly...did anyone read that one yet?"

Not yet - wasn't even on my radar, so that sounds fine..."

Jane, Grand Adventures is the anthology that a bunch of Dreamspinner authors put together as a fundraiser for Eric Arvin and TJ Klune. It's available from Dreamspinner definitely, and I'm pretty sure from Amazon, too.

message 28: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments Dee wrote: "not a freebie, but Pickup Men is like 99 cents on amazon right now"

I bought that one - not sure how good it will be though...

message 29: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "Fran wrote: "I am reading Got Your SixGot Your Six by R.J. Scott for the June Monthly...did anyone read that one yet?"

Not yet - wasn't even on my radar, s..."

Thanks Karen - clearly I am behind the times. I haven't been keeping up with the latest in MM for a while now. RL has been busy ;)

message 30: by Dee (new) - added it

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Dee wrote: "not a freebie, but Pickup Men is like 99 cents on amazon right now"

I bought that one - not sure how good it will be though..."

I like LC Chase - plus she is super nice and a triathlete to boot (yeah, i'm not biased in the slightest)

message 31: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited May 29, 2014 03:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments I finished Love Comes Silently yesterday. I agree - it was a sweet story with a heap of heart-warming moments, and it actually had a story to tell!

My biggest issue was AG's lack of vocabulary. He used 'hurried/hurry' four times in two sentences at one point. I found my mind drifting off to supply him with more word options - or at least a thesaurus! The repetition of the same words occured throughout the book and really distracted me.

Narrator was OK, but yet again, one particular word - 'toward' - his pronounciation was different, it was repeated a LOT (along with 'forward') and I kept trying to work out why...

message 32: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments I didn't notice those things, but it's been a while since I read it. I'll pay more attention when I get around to the next one.

Did we decide on a book for next month?

message 33: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7112 comments I hadn't noticed those specifically, but now that you mention it I do remember a lot of over use of the phrase "cleaned up" - meaning anything from washing hands to showering to cleaning up after sex to washing dishes. I seem to remember the same thing from the Taste of Love series, too, but I've enjoyed all of the books and am willing to go back for more, so it obviously didn't bother me too much...

message 34: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments I thought we were reading the LHNB freebie - Got Your Six?

And I will read more in the Senses series by Grey - I preferred this first book to his other series (I've tried one from 'Love Means...' and one from 'Taste of Love').

message 35: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I thought we were reading the LHNB freebie - Got Your Six?

And I will read more in the Senses series by Grey - I preferred this first book to his other series (I've tried one from ..."

That works, I just didn't write it down, so I didn't remember! Need to make sure I have a copy...

message 36: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

~KarenH~ | 7112 comments I think it's just an online read...didn't look too far, but that's all I saw. And it's REALLY short, too.

message 37: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments It's in Don't Read in in the Closet: Volume Three - just found it. So you can download if you don't want to read online.

message 38: by Fran, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fran | 11051 comments I'm good with Got Your Six :)

Thanks for the heads up Kat, I had Volume 3 in my Allromance library so I just sent it to my kindle :)

message 39: by MountainKat, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

MountainKat | 20254 comments You are welcome, I figured it had to be in one of them! I'm not a huge fan of reading on my computer, I'll do it, but would rather get it into my reader so I poked around and found it. =)

message 40: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jane (PS) | 19814 comments Great - I'll move that volume to my Sony. Thanks Kat :)