Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Tin Star (Tin Star, #1)
This topic is about Tin Star
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Tin Star by Cecil Castellucci → Start Date: April 30th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Please join Mandiann and I in this buddy read if you can!

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7528 comments I love books with space travel! I hope this one is a good one.

message 3: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I know! I'm intrigued!! :D can't wait!

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm starting now but I'll post in the morning!! :)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7528 comments I am startong today but will only be able to get a few chapters in.

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7528 comments I am ten chapters in. so far I like the mc and the world. story is pretty interesting.

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm 5 chapters

yeah, the world is crazy

I can't believe (view spoiler)

but it sounds like (view spoiler)

yellow flower (view spoiler)

I loved the description of the guy with the antenna and how they would bob up and down depending on if he was thinking and while he talked.

and the nanites....or whatever...that help you breath and know the language! That was cool too!!

message 8: by Mandiann (last edited May 03, 2014 01:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7528 comments I finished this one.

Sorry I didn't post more. I was quite busy and when I wasn't GR was down.

I really liked this one overall. It was a bit predictable in places but still a very enjoyable read.

The Loor (view spoiler)

Reza (view spoiler)

The Planet(view spoiler)

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm done too!
So glad you liked it. unfortunately, I'm one of the ones that falls on the other side - I wasn't a huge fan....

I thought (view spoiler) but once they turned it into she'd been there (view spoiler)

I'm so glad you liked it though

Reza (view spoiler)

I didn't realize it was a series either.
Will you be reading book 2?

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7528 comments I am sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

I can see your points but I loved hearing about all of Tula's different interactions.

Yes, I think I will read book two. I really want to see Tula and her Loor make it down to (view spoiler) I will be disappointed if this does not happen.

Thanks for reading it with me.