Clean Fiction discussion

Archived Group Reads > Nomiante August 2014's books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 695 comments Mod
Feel free to nominate sas many b9ooks as you want. I plan to close the thread around the the 10th of next month. Amanda Cabot, Beverly Lewis, Jerry S Eicher, Rhonda Gibson et. al., and Serena B Miller, are amog the ineligible authors.

message 2: by Natalie (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:20AM) (new)

I will start by nominating Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish County, #1) by Patricia Davids by Patricia Davids.

message 3: by Natalie (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:21AM) (new)

I will also nominate Willow Creek Brides Three Loves Are Sweet Surprises in Historic Iowa by Connie Stevens ] by Connie Stevens.

message 4: by Natalie (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:22AM) (new)

I will also pick The Heiress of Winterwood (Whispers on the Moors, #1) by Sarah E. Ladd by Sarah E Ladd.

message 5: by Natalie (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:22AM) (new)

I will use my second to last vote to choose A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory, #1) by Sarah Sundin by Sarah Sundin.

message 6: by Natalie (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:23AM) (new)

I will use my last pick to nominate Kate's Song (Forever After in Apple Lake #1) by Jennifer Beckstrand by Jennifer Beckstrand.

message 7: by Natalie (last edited May 08, 2014 10:26AM) (new)

Nominations as of May 2, 2014:
1. Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish County, #1) by Patricia Davids , by Patricia Davids, (Love Inspired/Brides of Amish Country #1), (Natalie)
2. Willow Creek Brides Three Loves Are Sweet Surprises in Historic Iowa by Connie Stevens (Romancing America), by Connie Stevens, (historical-Christian-romance (Natalie)
3. The Heiress of Winterwood (Whispers on the Moors, #1) by Sarah E. Ladd (Whispers on the Moors #1), by Sarah E Ladd, historical-Christian-romance)
4. A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory, #1) by Sarah Sundin by Sarah Sundin, (Wings of Glory #1), (Historical Christian Romance), (Natalie)
5. Kate's Song (Forever After in Apple Lake, #1) by Jennifer Beckstrand (Forever After in Apple Lake #1), by Jennifer Beckstrand, (Amish-romance), (Natalie)

6. Plain Murder by Emma Miller , (An Amish Mystery #1) by Emma Miller, (Jennifer),

7. Five Days in Skye by Carla Laureano , by Carla Laureno, (inspirational-romance), (Jennifer)

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beckstrand | 44 comments How about Plain Murder by Emma Miller?

message 9: by Natalie (new)

@Jennifer: Welcome back! I think that one should work just fine as long as the author doesn't go into the gory details of the murder. Do you have a back-up plan if it's too gross for the group?

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beckstrand | 44 comments It's basically an Amish cozy, so there are no gory details. The details of Amish life are very well written. A backup could be "Five Days in Skye." It is a inspirational romance and it was nominated for a RITA award. Either would be fine with me. :)

message 11: by Natalie (new)

@Jennifer: I will accept both since I'm not limiting the amount of votes members get anymore.

message 12: by Natalie (new)

Updated!

message 13: by Natalie (new)

The thread is closed. I apologize to those who didn't get to nominate this time. I don't know when I will post the thread for choosing September's books. I hate that I always lose the other discussion threads after I close the nominations and post the new ones. Oh well. ):

message 14: by Natalie (last edited May 08, 2014 10:32AM) (new)

That said, the Main Group Read for August will be Five Days in Skye by Carla Laureano . Thanks Jennifer for nominating it.

message 15: by Natalie (last edited May 08, 2014 10:36AM) (new)

The Book of the Month for August will be Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family #1) by Sarah M. Eden by Sarah M Eden as added by Rina.

message 16: by Natalie (new)

The Addition Group Read for August will be Courting Ruth (Hannah's Daughters, #1) by Emma Miller by Emma Miller.