Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Apocalyptic Romances out there?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Langdon (kachickboom) | 3 comments Hi there! I'm scouting for new Authors to read in the romance genre. I love, love, love all stories paranormal/supernatural - Angels, demons, creatures, cretins and shifters of all species (You name it) etc, you name them, I've read of them; but I've been leaning more towards Apocalypse themed, everything-has-gone-to-hell type books - whether they're human made or paranormal, I'm okay with that!

Authors of apocalyptic-type romance reads I've devoured so far and are the type I'm searching on recommendations for:
• Ellen Connor - A Dark Age Dawning series
• Nalini Singh - Guild Hunter series
• Larissa Ione - Demonica & Lords of Deliverance series
• Kresley Cole - Immortals After Dark (I figured with the Accession and all..?)

Uhmm and others I can't think of while I'm not staring at my bookcase. But I'd be ever so happy for shoutouts on any stories that fit the "apocalyptic romance" type genre.

If there is already a thread on this, sorry for double posting and please point me in the right direction! (I'm on a mobile and it's a bit painful to navigate the goodreads app..)

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 57 comments I was going to suggest Ellen Connor's series, but I see you've read it!

I haven't really read many with this theme, but I hope someone else has some ideas...

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-fantasyaddict-pickle) If you don't mind YA you could try Poison Princess or if your quite into zombies Flesh,Reawakening

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 30, 2014 03:27PM) (new)

Have you tried the Love&Decay or Quarantined series?

At some point these have been free on Kindle, may still be.

Love and Decay, Episode One (Love and Decay #1) by Rachel Higginson
Until the End (Quarantined, #1) by Tracey Ward In the End (Quarantined #2) by Tracey Ward

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Langdon (kachickboom) | 3 comments Thank you Sonya, Shari, Hannah and Marta! The few you've given me so far will keep me entertained for a while. YAY for new Authors to read! :)

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie Carl | 1 comments Surprised no one mentioned Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. Maybe too obvious heeee heeee!

message 8: by Kathy (last edited Aug 23, 2014 01:39AM) (new)

Kathy Langdon (kachickboom) | 3 comments I read Angelfall and World After of the Penryn & The End of Days series by Susan Ee. Oh my gosh! I cannot wait for #3! I'm in a serious withdrawal with this series. I probably check Susan Ee's website every week.. And I finished these books about 2-3 months ago, so that's saying something. So thanks again Shari Kay!

Another series I read which totally reeled me in, slapped me hard and left me gobsmacked was The Born Trilogy by Tara Brown writing as Ae Watson in 1, 2, 3 order - Born, Born to Fight, Reborn. Wholy shit about all I'll say on that one. Emotionally traumatising? You could say that..

Thanks again for the new suggestions!