1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up discussion

The Story of Ferdinand
This topic is about The Story of Ferdinand
Monthly Book Club > May 2014: The Story of Ferdinand

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany, Former moderator, current lurker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiffany | 213 comments Mod
Another month, another book! Join Cathy for our May picture book discussion of The Story of Ferdinand.

Since this is a picture book, the entire book will be up for discussion beginning May 1.

As always, you don't need to read the exact copy shown above.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

What a darling book. I remember reading this to my kids. Now that they are grown I read kids books for my own pleasure. I wonder why I haven't added this one to my must own list? I will be seeking a good used copy for my future grandbabies. Ferdinand teaches how to be yourself in difficult situations. I read the front inside cover and there's a back story to this book I recommend other readers read prior to reading this little treasure.

Ivan | 13 comments This book always appealed to me because I'm a little bit different too. It told me it was alright to be who I was and different was not the same as wrong. I also loved the illustrations.

message 4: by Tiffany, Former moderator, current lurker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiffany | 213 comments Mod
That is indeed a very cute book. I love that Ferdinand is a little different from all the other bulls, and his mom knows that's okay.

message 5: by Stephanie, Active moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephanie (teff1979) | 173 comments Mod
I have not read this book befor this. I agree you Darlene it dose teach you to be your self. I do not have any child of my own yet but I do work with children and I see this all the time that they will do what it takes to fit in. That should not be the case.

1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Story of Ferdinand (other topics)