Quiz Town discussion

☞ General Discussions ☜ > !!~~Tell Us About Your Reading Habits~~!!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Damini, The Inquisitive Quizzer (new)

Damini | 5745 comments Mod
We are book-lovers after all! Tell us about your reading habits.

What is/are your favorite genre(s)?

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover?

How many books do you read in a month (average)?

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings?

What makes a book really special for you?

Favorite books?

Favorite Authors?

Books that had a huge impact on your life?

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ  | 92 comments What is/are your favorite genre(s)? Almost every fictional book

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover? sometimes

How many books do you read in a month (average)? 20

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? HEA!!!

What makes a book really special for you? If it has a really good plot and/or plot twist, if it makes you cry, if you get really excited about it

Favorite books? TFIOS, PJO, HoO

Favorite Authors? John Green, Rick Riordan

Books that had a huge impact on your life? TFIOS

message 3: by Cas ❦, Lady_Paranormal (new)

Cas ❦ (rowangalathynius) | 1778 comments Mod
What is/are your favorite genre(s)? Paranormal, Fantasy, Sci-Fi

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover? Not really, but I look at covers first, then read the blurb before deciding.

How many books do you read in a month (average)?20, it kind of depends if it is a full-on school month or holidays though.

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? Tragic Endings. :( But I like them, although they're sad :)

Favorite books? Morganville Vampires, PJO, HoO, VA, Partials sequence, Divergent Trilogy(but not Insurgent),short story collections (usually paranormal/ sci-fi/ fantasy)

Favorite Authors? Richelle Mead, Rachel Caine, Meg Cabot, Cathy Hopkins, Dan Wells, (and sorry to all you authors out there I've missed, I can never remember all- too many, and I don't want to make this long)

Books that had a huge impact on your life? Morganville

message 4: by ➳Halina➳ (new)

➳Halina➳ What is/are your favorite genre(s)? Dystopian, contemporary, sci-fi, realistic fiction

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover? Sometimes

How many books do you read in a month (average)? It depends on my homework, dance, and school schedule. It can vary from 5-16 because of my crazy life.

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? Tragic endings

What makes a book really special for you? If it has an unpredictable plot with characters I could practically hug.

Favorite books? HP, Divergent, TFIOS

Favorite Authors? John Green, J K Rowling

Books that had a huge impact on your life? TFIOS, Divergent

message 5: by Ishi (new)

Ishi Bhanot | 2971 comments What is/are your favorite genre(s)? Romance, Fantasy, Dystopian

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover? Sometimes ;)

How many books do you read in a month (average)? Usually 2.

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? HEA's all the way!

What makes a book really special for you? When I can relate to the narrator.

Favorite books? PJO series, HOO series, Divergent, Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen.

Favorite Authors? Rick Riordan, Sarah Dessen

Books that had a huge impact on your life? Along for the Ride, TFIOS

message 6: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) | 6 comments What is/are your favorite genre(s)? YA, MG, NA, romance and action.

Depending on the counter cover lol

1 at least.

Both are okay.

The way it makes me stay tuned on the story of the book.

Favorite books?
The Phantom of Canterville and Some plays of the Author Alejandro Casona

Favorite Authors?
Alejandro Casona and Richard Bach (until I read Hypnotizing Maria)

Alejandro Casona's plays (these books made me fall in love with reading :P

message 7: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn (caitlynkachman) What is/are your favorite genre(s)? Dystopian (Like Divergent and Hunger Games) and some Sci-Fi

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover? not usually, but on a rare occasion.

How many books do you read in a month (average)? Not many, 1-2. I'm a slow reader.

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? TRAGIC ENDINGS! Just kidding, I like both.

What makes a book really special for you? When I feel connected to the characters.

Favorite books? Divergent series is currently my fav

Favorite Authors? Veronica Roth, Suzanne Collins, and Wendy Mass.

Books that had a huge impact on your life? The Hunger Games series. It got me re-hooked on reading. I had stopped liking it.

message 8: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy  (thecuriousreader) What is/are your favorite genre(s)?: YA, romance, chick lit, realistic fiction, paranormal, paranormal romance

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover?: Sometimes, not really.

How many books do you read in a month (average)?: I'm not sure. Depends on how busy I am. Probably around 3-4

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings?: Hmm both.

What makes a book really special for you?: When I start to lose myself in the world the author has created and I really start to relate to the characters.

Favorite books?: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Every Day by David Levithan, Crank by Ellen Hopkins, The Time Traveler's Wife, Sweep Series by Cate Tiernan,

Favorite Authors?: Ellen Hopkins, Sophie Kinsella, Meg Cabot, Cate Tiernan,

Books that had a huge impact on your life?: Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets, Crank, Sweep, Thirteen Reasons Why,

message 9: by Jessica~We Are All Heathens~ (last edited Dec 19, 2015 10:33PM) (new)

Jessica~We Are All Heathens~ (puppyluvr) | 149 comments Fiction and fantasy mostly. Dystopias...YA, romance

Mostly. Usually with the cover you can tell if it's a good book. I do read the summary though.

In a month? It really depends. Sometimes only 4 or so, sometimes like 10 (usually about 120 every year) I'm a huge reader!!

A mix if both

Harry Potter, Shatter Me series, The Host, Hunger Games, Divergent, House of Night series, The 5th Wave, Flowers in the Attic, Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus, Fahrenheit 451, Matched...there's too many!

Erin Hunter, Rick Riordan, Veronica Roth, Melissa Meyers, whoever wrote Shatter Me :P, Suzanne Collins

Um...I don't think any

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (vulcan_heather) | 8 comments What is/are your favorite genre(s)? I enjoy mental illness/drug addiction memoirs as well as fantasy novels.

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover? Guilty.

How many books do you read in a month (average)? A couple.

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? I like surprises.

What makes a book really special for you? It needs to be intense, have good character development, and I like when there are situation I can relate to.

Favorite books? Alice in Wonderland, The Bell Jar, Madness: A Bipolar Life, The Great Gatsby, and The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Favorite Authors? J.K. Rowling, John Greene, Sylvia Plath

Books that had a huge impact on your life? The Belljar, Madness: A Bipolar Life, Brain on Fire

message 11: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Loftis (debbiejusticeloftis) What is/are your favorite genre(s)? Mystery
Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover?no

How many books do you read in a month (average)?10

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? both

What makes a book really special for you? the background behind the characters

Favorite books? any

Favorite Authors? many

Books that had a huge impact on your life? Books by Dr. David Jeremiah

message 12: by Jo-Jo (last edited Jan 02, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Jo-Jo | 12 comments What is/are your favorite genre(s)?

Paranormal, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Sci-fi, Romance, Historical Romance, Horror...well, honestly, I will read just about anything but I tend to not read non-fiction as much as fiction...even though I DO enjoy some memoirs and true-crime books. =)

Sometimes, but content is more important to me

It used to be only 2 to 4...I have recently become addicted to challenges and it has upped my pace...so as of now I would say I read between 6-10 books or more each month.

Love HEAs, and I must admit I even love some tragic endings too. I can find myself bawling my eyes out saying "Noooooo!!! Why did the author do that!?!" but loving the fact that the writing evoked such strong emotion from me.

Originality, flavor... honestly though, it's one of those things that's nearly impossible to define.

Favorite books?

Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1) by Alethea Kontis One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich There are so many more, it's an impossible task to name them all.

Favorite Authors?

Janet EvanovichJeaniene FrostIlona AndrewsMichele BardsleyKaren ChanceBertrice Small Once again, this is an impossible feat...I have thousands!

The one that really stands out is Charlotte's Web by E.B. White ...my mom read it to me as a bedtime story when I was just a little girl and it helped shape and blossom my love for reading...definitely a huge impact. I wouldn't want to imagine my life without books and reading, it's such a big part of my life!!!

message 13: by Nestor (new)

Nestor Pires Filho What is/are your favorite genre(s)? Science Fiction / Fantasy

Do you choose to read a book depending on its cover? Not really... I do chose by the Author and resume

How many books do you read in a month (average)? I have the habit of re-read books I like and of reading several books at the same time (or, "in parallel"). So usually I am reading + re-reading around 5 to 6 books a month.

Happily Ever After (HEA)/Tragic endings? Most of the Authors I read tend to be tragic...

What makes a book really special for you? If it captures my soul... hard to describe best (and I am an atheist!)

Favorite books? Voyage from Yesteryear by James P. Hogan , The Multiplex Man by James P. Hogan , Job A Comedy of Justice by Robert A. Heinlein , I Will Fear No Evil by Robert A. Heinlein , The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri S. Tepper , After Long Silence by Sheri S. Tepper and several others

Favorite Authors? James P. Hogan, Sheri S. Tepper, Robert Heinlein, Greg Bear, Ray Bradbury and others

Books that had a huge impact on your life? Gulivers Travels by Jonathan Swift , made me afraid of never dying when very young... made me grow with a very special approach to life.