Aussie Readers discussion

You and Your Books! > Kindle Match

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments I was poking around on Amazon's website when I came across Kindle Match-

Introducing Kindle MatchBook
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now allow you to buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less.

Look for Kindle MatchBook on print and Kindle book detail pages of qualifying titles. You can also see more of them here or look up your available titles by clicking on the button below.

Buy the new print book first and then buy the Kindle book for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)

Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or on your PC, Mac, iPad, Android tablet, and mobile phone with a free Kindle Reading App.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/ep-...

What do people think about this?

I quite like this idea...Especially if you're going away and reading the chunky edition but don't want to stop you can make a new purchase on the Kindle at a cheaper price. Or you want to downgrade your collection of physical books but still want to keep it as an E-Reader edition..Granted you've firstly got to purchase the book an Amazon for this to work but still it's not a bad idea.

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 1613 comments I think it's a great idea, but as I've never bought a physical book from Amazon, I won't be able to take advantage of it. For some of my eBook purchases, I wish it worked the other way!

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4298 comments Andrea wrote: "I think it's a great idea, but as I've never bought a physical book from Amazon, I won't be able to take advantage of it. For some of my eBook purchases, I wish it worked the other way!"

I've very few books from Amazon as well...But yeah it would be sweet if it worked the other way..Actually, when I read it firstly I read it like that as well..ahaha :(