Before I Fall Before I Fall discussion

oh my god THE ENDING?!?!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hana I really really really really loved this book. In fact, it's one of my favorite books. I'm so glad I read it, but I was just so completely devastated at the end. I mean, KENT! Poor guy. He finally got what he wanted for like basically his whole life, and then Sam dies, and ugh. To emotional and sad. Sam was a wonderful character though. I loved her even at the beginning, and definitely the end. She sacrificed herself for Juliet, and that just made me cry. Even though the ending was probably the only way it could end, it still made me angry and depressed. Why did she have to leave Lindsay, and Kent, and Elody, and Ally, and her sister, and mom and dad, and everybody. Even Rob. Oh, and her dog too.

KERFUFFLE Look_it_up It's such a great book, but I hate myself for loving it when it put me through such terrible depression after that ending!!! I have to give Lauren Oliver credit for writing the ending that way, because even if it was SO amazingly unfair, she made it so dang beautiful!! I definitely wish Sam hadn't died at the end, but somehow Lauren made it work and not....well....completely fail like so many other authors who've attempted to do the same type of thing. It's a beautiful book. She just (semi-recently) released a new book called Panic, which I liked as well. If you haven't already, you should check it out!

message 3: by Hana (last edited Apr 26, 2014 02:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hana KERFUFFLE wrote: "It's such a great book, but I hate myself for loving it when it put me through such terrible depression after that ending!!! I have to give Lauren Oliver credit for writing the ending that way, bec..."

Your opinion is the exact same as mine!It was so so beautiful, and so unfair, but Lauren totally made the ending work. Even though they are works of fiction, I seriously NEED to know what Sam and Kent and Lindsay and everybody are doing right now!! And I will totally check out Panic

Hana Ooh heard there is a movie! Not sure when it is gonna come out, but wicked excited!!!!

Jessica Elizaga How about KENT?! Just the thought of him hanging in that situation makes my heart ache :((

Aisha (seetheworldwithbooks) Agree with you all guys!!! Poor Kent, but I feel sadder when Sam left her friendship. She has the most amazing bestfriends in the world!

Hana Rahma wrote: "Agree with you all guys!!! Poor Kent, but I feel sadder when Sam left her friendship. She has the most amazing bestfriends in the world!"

Jessica wrote: "How about KENT?! Just the thought of him hanging in that situation makes my heart ache :(("

yess!! Poor kent! Really it does break my heart. Like, he got what he's wanted for years and then Sam dies and I'm like, " OMG what...?"
And Sam did have the BEST friends. They were so awesome! I loved them!!!! I would love to have such a great friendship, but Sam did have a good life. So that makes me happy.

T.C. Booth I agree with all of you. The ending broke my heart for Kent. This book was amazing though. I couldn't put it down.

message 9: by Shy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shy I hate this book.

Sandra talk about an amazing author!!!!!

Sharon Beautiful book truly. However, I honestly thought she was going to get a second chance at life. I really thought she was going to live. I mean.. I'm glad she found peace and appreciation for everything and everyone in her life.. but I keep on thinking about how all of her loved ones are going to take her death. That breaks me more than the thought of her death. I REALLY, REALLY wanted Sam to continue living because she has turned over a new leaf.. I ADORE her by the end of the book, and I feel that she can make some good differences in her life and other people's life now. AND COME ON. KENT. They were so close to being together. UGHH. I'm so sad.