Aussie Readers discussion

The Storyteller of Inis Mor: Could a legend save his life?
This topic is about The Storyteller of Inis Mor
Our Authors Spotlight > New book by Brian O'Raleigh

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 28, 2015 08:29PM) (new)

If you’re to read only one thriller/mystery this year make sure it’s 'The Storyteller of Inis Mór'. Here, Brian O'Raleigh spins an engrossing story of passion, loss and redemption that will have you glued to the pages. When 38 year old Conner O’Rourke returns to Ireland after an absence of 30 years he's running. His advertising agency in Sydney is in difficulties, his marriage is falling apart and he’s hearing voices in his mind urging him to return to Inis Mór. His grandmother, whom he hasn’t seen in years, has contacted him saying she's critically ill and must speak with him but when he arrives on Inis Mór, a wild, windswept, rocky little island some 30 miles off the West Coast of Ireland, she's already passed leaving him a cottage and a dilapidated old sailing boat. A mysterious old seaman appears offering to help him rebuild the boat and as they work together the old man tells Conner stories of Ireland. Stories of courage, purpose and passion, stories that could change his life forever. 'The Storyteller’ is set against a backdrop of one of Ireland’s wildest and most beautiful places. It has an earthy, Irish essence, dialogue that pulls you in, a towering mentor figure, a unique plot, a powerful subliminal message and characters you’d be on the lookout for if you ever decided to visit the Island of Inis Mór.

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - added it

Brenda | 68360 comments Mod
Good luck Brian with your new book - it sounds really good:) It would fit into our Autumn challenge too with the Irish in it;)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The Storyteller of Inis Mór

Brian O'Raleigh

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - added it

The Storyteller of Inis Mor: Could a Legend Save His Life? by Brian O'Raleigh

I've popped this thread back into the Author section for you Brian:)

Veronica ⭐️ | 2233 comments A great Goodreads giveaway. I've entered, fingers crossed. My stepfather is Irish and I know he would absolutely love this book full of the stories of Ireland.

message 6: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - added it

Thanks Veronica! Here's the link: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/en...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for that Brenda, I'll send the book off tomorrow, let me know what you think. Brian O'Raleigh

message 8: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - added it

Thanks Brian!