Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Have older Kindle now bought a Fire and have a silly question:

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Pauline (new)

Mary Pauline M (marypaulinem) | 2 comments Hello! Apologizing in advance but I have an older Kindle which I love and still use for ebooks and audible books. I think the model name is Kindle Touch. I just purchased a Fire and before I activate it, I was wondering if I use the same account, would I be able to keep the ebooks and Audible books going to the older model while using the Fire just for web surfing, movies, apps and music? In other words, when both units are on same account, I wouldn't want auto syncing of material which is compatible on both...is this possible? Thanking in advance!

message 2: by Steven (new)

Steven (tbones) | 12 comments I think you should definitely check with Amazon's tech support people but you are allowed more than one name to your account. I think the limit is 5 or 10 but if you create a different name for your Fire than what you have for your Touch then you can keep things separated better. Less confusing and things will sync to the right device that way.

message 3: by Shaina (new)

Shaina (shainaeg) That shouldn't be a problem. When you purchase a kindle book on a device it only automatically downloads to the device it was purchased on. It can then be manually downloaded onto other devices. When you purchase a kindle book on the amazon website it gives you a drop down where you can pick which device it sends the book to. Audible books you just download to devices as you want to so if you don't download them to the new fire, they won't be there.

You can also sync both kindle and audible books across the two devices and pick up on one where you left off on the other.

message 4: by Cat (new)

Cat (calail) | 17 comments Also, if you purchase a book on your computer, through Amazon, you select which Kindle to download the book too (or Kindle app actually). I have a Tablet, phone and laptop that all use the Kindle apps, and then my Kindle e-reader... so, I can download a title to one - or several - depending on how I want to read it.

One tip: be sure to re-name your primary device so it's listed first alphabetically; that will make it easier when you're ordering as it will be the first "reader" and be the default in the list.