The Not-So Austen Bookclub discussion

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
This topic is about Bloodlines
Group Roleplays > Bloodlines Academy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (last edited Apr 25, 2014 06:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Based in the world of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy & Bloodlines series, this roleplay is the chance to explore beyond the plots, mysteries & dangerous encounters in the books and to be the badass hero or heroine of your own adventure.

Before you begin your RP, make a post containing:
- Your name (first name + surname)
(NB: You can take on the role of one of the characters in the Vampire Academy or Bloodlines series OR create your own character)
- Your age
- Your appearance
- Your species (e.g. Moroi, Dhampirs, Strigoi, Magic User, Human, Alchemist, etc.)
- (Optional) Your role (e.g. Guardian, etc.)
- Brief description of background/backstory

message 2: by Booknut, Head Moderator (last edited Apr 25, 2014 08:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

- Name: Sydney Sage
- Appearance: Layered dark golden-blond hair that reaches just past my shoulders and brown eyes that turn gold in the light. Am about 5'7" in height and I have an Alchemist golden lily tattoo on one cheek
- Species: Alchemist. There have been...signs that I may be a magic user, but I have so far managed to ignore them with some success.
- My role: Jill Dragomir's guardian/protector/roommate. Jill's the long-lost sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - and as with anything involving the Moroi, the Alchemists weren't exactly jumping out of their seats to volunteer for the job. Being somewhat familiar with the Moroi (something that would normally put me on the Alchemists' 'shun' list), I've been given the opportunity to prove myself. Which apparently involves posing as a highschool student at a human boarding school. This should be...an experience, to say the least.
- Backstory: There's not much to tell, really. I'm an Alchemist. I'm the middle child of three kids, all girls. I'm also unfortunately indebted to Ibrahim Mazur, which is not one of the top ten situations one wants to find themselves in, in life. I can speak five languages (thanks to homeschooling) and am fairly knowledgeable on most subjects, which tends to intimidate people. And I have a secret: I don't hate the Moroi with the burning passion the other Alchemists do. Does that make me weird? Touched in the head? A traitor to my kind? I don't know. And I'm afraid that this job as Jill Dragomir's protector won't help the situation...and that it might just make it worse.
 photo a5ddc886ee03723e894c97f835158303.jpg

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments - Name: Rose Hathaway
- Appearance: Long dark hair, brown eyes, almond skin.
- Species Dhampir
- Role: Guardian of Queen Lissa.
- Backstory: Went through hell and back recently, but finally got my role as Guardian of my best friend and Queen of the Moroi, Lissa.

message 4: by Booknut, Head Moderator (last edited Apr 25, 2014 08:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sydney Sage:

"I don't know if you can undo the disgrace you brought down on us by running off with them, but this is a step in the right direction. Do not mess this up."

My father's words ring through my mind. Do not mess this up, he said. Like I'll purposely be looking for ways to betray my kind and earn even more death glares from the other Alchemists. I sigh softly, shifting in my seat and watching Keith man the steering wheel out of the corner of my eye.

Keith Darnell. Yet another Alchemist whose not convinced of my good intentions. A.k.a my guard dog on this mission.

I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a despicable human being. He'd been less than pleased to discover that his request to have Zoe on this mission had been denied and that I would be taking her place. And as much as I hated having anything to do with Keith, making sure my sister Zoe was far, far away from him and as uninvolved in the Alchemists' ways as possible was of the utmost importance to me.

So I'd just have to deal with him watching my every move like a hawk - and try not to give him anything to use against me.

As I watch the desert landscape of Nevada fly past my window, it isn't only my father's words that burrow their way into my head. Keith's own words niggle me - not because they were hurtful. I mean, I've heard worse from Keith before. But because I know that he'd only said what they all think.

"There is no way she can come, no way I'm trusting some twisted vamp lover to screw this up for all of us."

Vamp lover. I'm pretty sure that, for an Alchemist, being called a murderer was preferable to being dubbed a vamp lover. Those two words could make you can outcast - they could even get you killed.

Or worse...you could get sent to re-education.

Shoving all thoughts of re-education out of my head, I take a deep breath and clear my throat. "Are we stopping at all?" I ask Keith, my voice cutting through the silence that has filled the car since we set off on this trip hours ago.

His eyes never leave the road. "We need to stop for gas soon. Do you need anything?"

"Just coffee." I'm exhausted. Being dragged out of bed to attend an Alchemist meeting tended to do that to a person.
"There should be a gas station somewhere. We'll stop for a bit, but we need to get back on the road if we're going to make it to Palm Springs by this afternoon."

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments Rose Hathaway:

As I stared out the window, I couldn't help but wonder how I had finally got here, and I would be having to leave again soon.

"Sydney and Jill might need help getting organised, plus Adrian too.." Lissa trailed off at the mention of Adrian.

Oh yeah, like that wouldn't be awkward at all.

"But Eddie is going to be there" I groan.

Lissa shakes her head at me "It won't be for long"

But it will feel long, I think.

message 6: by L (new) - rated it 4 stars

L | 1252 comments Name: Ivy Claire Hawthorn

Appearance:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ivy has slightly wavy, long auburn hair that contains light golden-brown highlights. She has dark chocolate coloured eyes and slightly tanned skin. Her healthy looking complexion is a natural façade for her true nature, cleverly concealed beneath such a rosy glowing girl. She tends to wear dark clothing such as Navy, Brown, forest green and shy away from pastel colours, bright reds and white. She is rather beautiful and attractive visually.

Species:
Ivy is a healer and a magic user. She uses magic through the power of touch to heal any wound regardless of how severe the injury is, how deep the wound or loss of blood. Magic flows through her body similarly to Oxygen, flowing out of her hands as a pulsating crimson coloured vapour (smoke). The intense scarlet hue that emanates through her palms and fingertips is so potent; it is dangerous to be in close proximity to her while she is healing someone.
She is often labelled a ‘Witch’ as she uses spells to craft her magic, which burns up a lot of her energy thus leaving her feeling physically drained. She controls her magic through her body and by concentrating her mind.
…Ivy is also a Moroi. She is a rare magic user and draws her power from the Spirit Element. Unlike most Moroi who are pale and slim, Ivy Claire isn’t and comes from a very ancient bloodline. She has regenerative healing powers, an attractive magnetism, likeability (friendly personality & warmth), intelligence, fitness (she loves keeping fit and participates in sport) and generally nice charisma and charm. She has no guardian as not of known Royal blood or importance.
As a Vampire who craves blood, healing is not only a gift but also her greatest challenge and despite having the power to cure she also could just as easily kill (feed).

Role:
Ivy (Claire Hawthorn) is a Witch with healing powers who is still learning about her abilities; strengths and limitations. She constantly battles against her alter ego (her other self) by not giving in to Vampirism/ unnecessary feeding. She is a vegetarian and only consumes animal blood.

Brief description of background:
St. Vladamir’s Academy is Ivy’s home and her sanctuary. She is an orphan – her parents died when she was very young and so there is a certain mystery that surrounds her. She is not considered of Royal Blood or of great importance (and so doesn’t have a guardian for protection at present), but there is no knowing who her family is. She is from a rare and ancient lineage, as not only a Moroi but also a Witch with power over the spirit element. Kyle (a darkly sinister, dangerous Vampire) found her abandoned and feasting on flesh and so took her to the VA out of atypical ‘good intent’ to save her soul. The magnetic attraction between Kyle and Ivy was instantaneous, like a bolt of lightning and yet…she cannot trust him. Kyle has a deadly secret. He is not a student at the VA. He is a Strigoi. Kyle was once a magic user and a Moroi, yet after knowingly drinking the blood of an intended victim he transformed many years ago into a deadly Strigoi. He craves Ivy’s blood and yet…possesses deep-rooted feelings towards her – even adoration which is something most peculiar and unheard of.
The only way they could ever be together is if Ivy uses her abilities with a silver stake, to pierce his heart and allow Kyle to be reborn…but will he let her (or) will he turn her towards Vampirism?

message 7: by L (last edited May 02, 2014 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

L | 1252 comments Ivy Claire
He’s there again. He’s standing loitering in the shadows, as if unseen. Yet I can tell he is there subconsciously. It is as though our minds are connected in some unearthly way and we are able to communicate through thoughts and outer-body sensations. My mind flows into his and my body responds involuntary, allowing my thoughts to focus solely on him rather than everything else taking place around me. Time shifts and splinters…. it’s creepily corporeal - - or at least I think so!

As I place the deep crimson coloured curtain back across the frosted pain of glass, I notice out of the corner of my eye shapes moving into the room. Startled I jump back in alarm, as my fellow companions saunter lazily into the rectangular chamber.

“Hi Iv…OI, CATH COME HERE!”

A girl cries out to her pal before I even have chance to blink in response, and so shuffles to the end of the room as I regain consciousness.

I wonder how long I’ve been out of it this time? Probably too long, as my eyes flicker due to staring into space without blinking for a good while.

Plunging down heavily into the nearest comfy leather armchair, I rub my eyes several times and adjust to what is happening around me. As I do so I feel a sense of emptiness inside and I just know that he’s vanished.

- - -

Claire (claireplusone) | 676 comments Rose Hathaway

"Are you okay?" Eddie asks from the front.

"Oh yeah sure" I say, staring out the window.

I'm all well and dandy, with a Moroi princess and a Moroi ex in the backseat with me, it's just perfect.

"I'm soo exciting to be going to a normal school" Jill says from beside me, bobbing up and down with excitement.

This is going to be a long few weeks.