The Practice of the Presence of God The Practice of the Presence of God discussion

Everyday spirituality

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Eugene Cheong Brother Lawrence was a humble hand who could soar to great height of Communion while we was doing boring everyday chores. Inspirational!

message 2: by Jessaka (last edited Jul 30, 2011 08:36AM) (new)

Jessaka After what you said, i should read this over again, and so i ordered it.

Jeff Bettger I love the way brother Lawrence so obviously turned everyday tasks into amazing expressions of worship. Not just an act of sacrifice, but one of affectionate joy filled worship of God.

Justin Brother Lawrence wasn't an extraordinary human being. He wasn't some sort of religious elite. He was just another human but I think he understood what our response to God ought to be and he intentionally followed this response with his life. The thing I got out of this book is that it was never intented to be a book in the first place. He was living the "presense of God" and every facet of his life spoke of it (even his letters). I am thankful that someone had sense enough to compile his letters into this book. I think they point in the right direction and are very inspiring for what I long to be.

Renato Santis Someone wrote the book in his behalf, based on his letters and a couple of interviews.

Gregory Rothbard I agree that this book is an inspiration to do dishes or to take out the garbage with a mind towards service, and a joyful eye on Christ.

Sandra James Justin wrote: "Brother Lawrence wasn't an extraordinary human being. He wasn't some sort of religious elite. He was just another human but I think he understood what our response to God ought to be and he intenti..."

He was doing what every Christian should be doing.