Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Graphic Novels/Comic Books > What's on your graphic novel/comic book reading wish list?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4776 comments Mod
I've been watching a lot of Marvel on Netflix, and watched The Winter Soldier this past weekend. I'm ready to dive into the Marvel Universe big time.

My library has some Astonishing X-Men, so I'll be picking those up. I wish they had Iron Fist too.

How about you?

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4776 comments Mod
I picked up some Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad, and I ordered the first two Thunderbolts off Amazon, since my library doesn't have them. I am enjoying my headfirst plunge into Marvel and DC comics.

message 3: by Pygmy (last edited Apr 20, 2016 07:24PM) (new)

Pygmy I used to read so many! Alas, the few titles that I religiously read now probably don't qualify for A/A. =/

But in case you're interested, I love:
Real, Volume 1 by Takehiko Inoue
Excellent series that delves into the lives and struggles of disabled wheelchair basketball players. Lots of kinetic basketball action, actually. :P

A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 (A Bride's Story, #1) by Kaoru Mori
Fascinating slice-of-life stories that follow various characters spread out along the Silk Road. Actually, there is action here involving some of the nomadic tribes who come to war with each other as a result of wedding politics and trying to acquire land for survival.

月刊少女野崎くん 1 (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, #1) by Izumi Tsubaki
Hilarious slice-of-life that follows a cast of characters surrounding a high school boy who happens to moonlight as a famous girl's manga artist. He's clueless as heck, but somehow he manages to get inspired by the people in his life....and they, in turn, help him meet his deadlines.

message 4: by Steve (new)

Steve Martinson I have just found the new (to me) version of the Wizard Of Oz. I've only read the first one, so far. I also want to read the female version of Robin Hood.

message 5: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
X-men 94... which, I have, by the way... and the new mutants where Cable is introduced... they seem to be very "wanted" in the collectors world.