Backstory discussion

Debates > Online learning

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
Should online learning be more prominent in children's education?

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess My sister tried it, but she had a hard time because there wasn't any teachers and she didn't know how to do the work.

message 3: by liz, Don't let too much of yesterday take up too much of today (new)

liz | 889 comments Mod
wow that's weird I thought the point of it was that you would be able to have more of a one on one thing with a teacher.

message 4: by Hai (new)

Hai (angelslayer) Recently top schools (such as MIT) have released their college courses online for free to anyone who wants to learn. I believe that this is the first step to building our future. Free education for anyone willing to learn, not just the ones who can afford it.

"Education is the most powerful weapon to change the world."
- Nelson Mandela

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

If education is online, anyone with internet can still learn what other kids like them are learning. And if there is no internet where they are, they have normal school to go to.

I've tried out online learning. It's actually been pretty good. It tells me the topic and it explains it really well. Still, for every pro, there are some cons.

First off, it can be difficult for others, who need more help than just a computer. Sometimes online learning doesn't explain things very well, confusing people (that's happened to me before). Sometimes the concept is just really difficult and people aren't understanding the online learning.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

They can be complicated. And now I can't go on online learning courses anymore, because my computer is stupid and won't go on it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, my dad cleaned it out already. My computer needs an update, but it refuses to update. We've tried to update it, but it just won't cooperate!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

All right, thanks! Really, she is? That's cool.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

When I don't know something, I just randomly press buttons and hope it works. Usually the problems aren't too hard to solve, and I've experienced them before.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

That's true. This is my rule for my computer: when something's not working, go down to the basement. My computer works much better in the basement than anywhere else in the house.