Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Allegiant question

Is it worth reading?
Jacqueline S. Jacqueline Apr 25, 2014 01:01PM
I started reading this book and I was wondering if it is worth reading..I'm up to page 21..Just hearing mixed reviews about this..Is it such a bad book??

Sabrina (last edited Apr 29, 2014 11:45AM ) Apr 29, 2014 11:43AM   2 votes
personally? no I wouldn't read it, and I wish that I could unread it. I really didn't care about the ending, I get that the author was trying to make a point, but the plot was absolutely terrible. if you ever took Biology this book will drive you insane. unfortunately I cant explain why with out spoilers, but I CAN say that it did not make sense AT ALL! The author also introduced Tobias's point of view, I have nothing against the alternating POV so long as it is done right. that said it was horrific, you could never tell who was talking and Tobias started sounding like a moody girl. The conflicts between Tris and Tobias do not vary at all. it is also riddled with these great gaping chasms, also known as PLOT HOLES! I have to say I absolutely loved Divergent, Insurgent was OK but we end up practically abandoning the original conflicts, and are introduced to a whole other world of conflicts and its all very confusing and sloppy. this is not one of veronica roth's finer works.

Depends. If you absolutely must have a conclusion to the series, then yes, read it. If not, I'd skip it.

The plot goes downhill rapidly once (minor spoiler) they leave the city. Allegiant goes in a completely different direction than anything that happened in the previous books, and honestly, makes no sense whatsoever.
To me, this one ruined how awesome the first two books were.

A lot of people hated the ending, and I probably would have too if the whole thing hadn't been a mess up to that point. I won't ruin it for you, if you don't already know, but the big thing at the end that people hate, was completely pointless too.

If it's not gonna bug you to skip over it, and you just want to know what happens, find a summary somewhere. That's my advice anyway.

NO. It's not a bad book, well at least that's what I think. I didn't really like the ending, but some might like it.

I would read it well I did. I liked it but i felt conflicted toward the end.

read it.

i think it is worth reading because it gives you the expericene and some people will say "I HATE THE ENDING OF ALLEGENT I NEVER LIKED THE BOOK SERIES ANYWAY!" But the truth is if i asked you in the middle of reading divergent if you liked it you would say yes! so no it wasant pointless vericona roth changed the main charater and she did it well so great job vericona! not a lot of authors can do that well. And it teaches us some deaths you can't get over and thats ok.

Yes this is a really good book; a must read. If you are reading Divergent then yes you should read the rest of the series. It gets really sad like the ending of Allegiant, but it is worthwhile.