What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Old Willis Place
This topic is about The Old Willis Place
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Ghost story about 2 abandoned kids, a girl and her younger brother... [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments What year did you read this 1990 2002 1979? Early 1980s? Older or new book at the time?

message 2: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments All on a Winter's Day by Lisa Taylor

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Check Google images there's more than one cover?

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Lucy and her brother Hugh awaken one cold winter's night to discover that they are alone in their house, that someone has rearranged the furniture, and that two ghostly children and their evil aunt have arrived... and they cannot leave the grounds.

Summary above. Does have name starting with L and twist.

But if not then maybe a different book.

message 6: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Didn't see your post above, glad you found it! I'll link it to the other book on LT.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Sage (the Dalek) wrote: "Oh, I found the book!
It was The Old Willis Place."

A very popular book for searches.

message 8: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Really? I'd never heard of it. At least this is the first query I've come across where it was the solution. All on a Winter's Day by Lisa Taylor is usually the one I think of when they turn out to be ghosts as it's been asked before, but I realised not all plot points matched. The Old Willis Place matches perfectly.

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Well, it's been the subject of 3 queries. But certainly there are books that have been searched for more often than that.

message 10: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2338 comments Ah, I wasn't on here for the previous 2 queries then. :)