Book-A-Holics, Not So Anonymous discussion

Buddy Reads > Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments We are going to start this Saturday, or tomorrow, if you want to join in :)

message 2: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I'm all set and ready (;

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments So....anyone know what is going on here?? lol

message 4: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) | 698 comments Mod
I just started...only a few pages in

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments Going to start this afternoon. Just finished cleaning my house (;

message 6: by Little Bee (new)

I am 10% in...its kinda weird

message 7: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I've only been able to read the first chapter. Sorry, I've been super busy

message 8: by Little Bee (new)

No worries...so far its been the same in every chapter

message 9: by Little Bee (new)

I'm actually getting kind of annoyed :-/

message 10: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I'm on chapter six..........

message 11: by Little Bee (new)

I think I stopped at 7. I am reading something else for a break lol

message 12: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I'm on 14 now. It gets better

message 13: by Little Bee (new)

I hope! I will read more tonight...I have been reading Paranormalcy. Dad is going for ice cream and then we are going to watch a movie.

Has it explained why exactly you cant touch her? I keep thinking of Rogue from X-Men when she touches them its like poison lmao

message 14: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments Yes. It explains. That's why I couldn't stop reading. I wanted to know. It was killing me lol

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments I feel it hasn't explained enough though! It's kinda driving me nuts between what the hell is going on in this world and what her problem is I just feel like her stream of consciousness is a little stifling to the story!

message 16: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I agree. Another reason why I'm on chapter 16. I feel the details are pretty vague and I hope if I keep reading it will explain. How far are you Kathy?

message 17: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments I'm in the middle of 23. Like I get that the Earth is dying and that this new form of government took over or whatever but I'm really not getting a clear picture about why Warner wants her and what has happened before right now.

message 18: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments It's really really vague );

message 19: by Little Bee (new)

I'm still on chapter 7.

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments It is wuite the book to get through. I had to reread thibgs to make sure I understood them...

message 21: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I'm half way through

message 22: by Jennie (new)

Jennie Machines | 91 comments I was almost going to join in this... but looking at what you have to say so far this might be a good book to skip.

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments Alright, I'm about 40 pages from the end and without giving any spoilers, I feel like once the character had to describe what was going on around her and spend less time rattling around in her own head things got a lot clearer for me. All of a sudden a story started to evolve, we got some background and we definitely started having more of a plot with her and Adam and all the other characters. I felt like the character stepped out of her own way as we progressed.

message 24: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments Chapter 33

message 25: by Little Bee (new)

still on chapter 7 lmao

message 26: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments >_< lol

message 27: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments Chapter forty and holy crap!!!!

message 28: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments I just finished....

message 29: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments Almost there (;

message 30: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I just finished and I liked it (;

message 31: by Little Bee (new)

sorry yall. I just had issues with it :-/ Not sure if I'll get through it

message 32: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Horsman (kathywithak27) | 338 comments I'll say this Bridgett the end of the book was almost worth getting through the first half. I thought it really picked up at the end.

message 33: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Wright (rockandrollallnite1990) | 47 comments I agree with Kathy