Goodreads Giveaways Chat discussion

Welcome! > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 70 comments Mod
Feel free to use this space to introduce yourself if you'd like. Tell us a bit about yourself (age, interests, favorite book genre, etc...)

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue | 20 comments My name is Sue and I live in the UK. Besides reading as an interest, I like eating out, holidays, cinemas, plays, musicals, cooking, keep fit, needlework the last two I have not participated in a while but hope to get back to them.

Years ago I would say my favourite genre was romance and then historical romance and then crime/thrillers, but know I enjoy read any genre of books the more diverse the better so I might read a Debbie Macomber book (sweet and fluffy) and then I might read a Martina Cole book (coarse, gritty and bloody).

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 70 comments Mod
Sue wrote: "Years ago I would say my favourite genre was romance and then historical romance and then crime/thrillers, but know I enjoy read any genre of books the more diverse the better so I might read a Debbie Macomber book (sweet and fluffy) and then I might read a Martina Cole book (coarse, gritty and bloody)...."

I am the same way. I used to read a lot of John Grisham and True Crime stories. I have since learned to diversify. I read just about anything I can get my hands on these days.

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Brass | 1 comments Sometime in middle school or highschool I learned to hate reading. I don't remember why I learned to hate reading. Maybe because back than then tv was quicker and movies were better than my imagination and reading comprehension. I was twenty four when I started reading again. I was dating someone who really liked the author Mercedes Lackey. I fell in love with her characters, writing style and story lines. She is also one of my favorite authors. That is when I started to love reading again. I stopped reading about 10 years ago. I tried to win good reads giveaways on and off for a year or two, but I never one. Six months ago I won my first Goodreads giveaway. Now I have won/received four (physical) books and three kindle books. I like fantasy, sci-fi, pandemic/post apocalyptic, crime and romance books mostly in that order.
I love the beach but rarely go. I love to swim whether it's in a pool, lake or at the beach. I enjoy crafting though I am no good at it. I enjoy an app called meritum paint, I have made some interesting digital art pieces with it. I like YouTube and enjoy watching a few YouTube vlogers with pets videos. I like taking pictures, playing Munshkins (card game) with my friends and spending as much time with all my family as possible without us all killing each other. lol. I still have over a K of character left? Wow that never happens to me. 😂
Other than to say I like the beach, enjoy a nice wine occasionally and that I would like to find a nice tall dark man what else is there to say?
Hope you realized the last part was a bit of a joke. 😉