All About Me discussion

Movies > The Lord of the Rings

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Birdsong231ԑ̮̑ঙ (pls no more group invs) (birdsong231) | 139 comments Ah, ok.
The end of the Ring was in Return of the King where Frodo & Sam found Mordor.
#spoileralert

Birdsong231ԑ̮̑ঙ (pls no more group invs) (birdsong231) | 139 comments I know, I know...I heard you. I'm sorry if I made you angry...

message 6: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) I like The Lord of the Rings. Especially the books though

message 8: by Birdsong231ԑ̮̑ঙ (pls no more group invs) (last edited Sep 01, 2014 10:13PM) (new)

Birdsong231ԑ̮̑ঙ (pls no more group invs) (birdsong231) | 139 comments We lovez the Lord of the Rings!
*She sayz in a Gollum voice*

Birdsong231ԑ̮̑ঙ (pls no more group invs) (birdsong231) | 139 comments You reallyyyyy need to read & watch LotR. O.O

message 10: by musiclover (new)

musiclover | 100 comments I love the movies

message 11: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 1539 comments BlackStar103 {I'll Save A Place For You In Hell} wrote: "They're too long! Longer than a harry Potter!"

LOL> Please.... Three books for LOTR vs. Harry Potter's SEVEN.

message 12: by Amber (last edited Oct 14, 2014 12:02PM) (new)

Amber Martingale | 1539 comments They aren't too long. The final book of the Harry Potter series was over 700 pages all by itself. The LOTR books combined into a single omnibus edition would be at least 150 pages SHORTER than just HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS.

So much for saying "They're too long." My point is that if you have the patience to read over 7oo pages for the seventh book of Harry Potter, you have the patience to read the 600 pages of LOTR.

Besides, I'm reading two series that are longer than both LOTR and HP. ;) Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden is supposedly gonna have 23 books and Michael Jecks' series about Sir Baldwin Furnshill and Simon Puttock has 33 books! That's approx. 66 books between the two! I am rereading WHITE NIGHT in the Dresden Files and recently started DISPENSATION OF DEATH in the Knights Templar series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Dr... and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_...

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 1539 comments PMSL. At least he's adult enough to admit it, Circus. :)

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 1539 comments This time I was complimenting. ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMoQ...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE these movies!!! I like having a movie marathon with this :) and now we i have the hobbit to add to the marathon lols...yeah i dont no if its possible to watch all these in one day lols :) but they are Epicness overload!!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

There flippin AWESOME!!!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 1539 comments Queen of Randomness (AKA Kristen) wrote: "I LOVE these movies!!! I like having a movie marathon with this :) and now we i have the hobbit to add to the marathon lols...yeah i dont no if its possible to watch all these in one day lols :) bu..."

IF you start at like 4 or 5 in the morning, it MIGHT be doable. DItto all 7 (so far) STAR WARS movies!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Amber wrote: "Queen of Randomness (AKA Kristen) wrote: "I LOVE these movies!!! I like having a movie marathon with this :) and now we i have the hobbit to add to the marathon lols...yeah i dont no if its possibl..."

hahaha thats dedication right there starting that early hehehe....i wonder if that would include food breaks hehee

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Aaron(RetroSonic) wrote: "The first Star Wars is the best of all. Empire Strikes Back was good, but nowhere near the omnipotent original. Black sheep don't wander very far. Their nips are too long and heavy....like my Aunt ..."

I honestly have no idea what u r talking about lols xD

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm confuzzled

message 22: by Amber (last edited Mar 12, 2016 09:41AM) (new)

Amber Martingale | 1539 comments Queen of Randomness (AKA Kristen) wrote: "Amber wrote: "Queen of Randomness (AKA Kristen) wrote: "I LOVE these movies!!! I like having a movie marathon with this :) and now we i have the hobbit to add to the marathon lols...yeah i dont no ..."

Of course it does, as well as bathroom breaks.

Aaron: Check this out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ewCW...

message 23: by Amber (new)

Amber Martingale | 1539 comments Thought you'd appreciate it, Aaron.

message 24: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Stambaugh Potassium ~You've come too far to feel this way, so leave the pieces in the grave, starting over again, so you can breathe again~ wrote: "I LOVE these movies!!! I like having a movie marathon with this :) and now we i have the hobbit to add to the marathon lols...yeah i dont no if its possible to watch all these in one day lols :) bu..."

I absolutely agree with the awesomeness of these movies! I love The LoTR and The Hobbit movies. My daughter - Birdsong231 who started this thread - and I love doing them as movie marathons. It's like a birthday and Christmas all wrapped up into one day for me!