Mott Hall 3 - UPenn discussion

What is the best book you have read this year?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Hendricks | 2 comments Mod
In three sentences, get your classmates to check it out and add it to their “Want to Read” list on goodreads.

message 2: by Juan (new)

Juan | 2 comments 1) The Best book I have read this year is "Now You See Her" By James Patterson. It is about a girl named Jeanine she kills a man and gets off the hook with a cop who she soon marries. Later on she realizes hes not who he says he is.

message 3: by Winy (last edited Apr 28, 2014 09:09AM) (new)

Winy | 3 comments i really love freshman year and other unnatural disaters. It was so funny and dramatic i loved it.It was basicly about five freands journy in their first year at highschool.

message 4: by Briana (new)

Briana Maduro | 3 comments What specific things happened that made it so dramatic?

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen | 2 comments The best book i read was doing my own thing and the series by Nikki Carter. This is because it was a book i could understand and it was dramatic. It was about a girl that has a good voice and very smart and she tries to go to college but has no money. So she gets a record deal for her songs and gets lots of money. She uses it for college helps her mom and now has a good life.

message 6: by Alejandro (new)

Alejandro Seed | 2 comments So far the best book i have read is '13' and its is about a short stories of peoples experiences in there age of 13 which has many genres about suspense,comedy and others

message 7: by Habi (new)

Habi Sillah | 2 comments The best book I read this year is Begging for Change by Sharon M. Draper. This book will make you have mixed feelings. It is about a girl name Raspberry. She is not rich. She lives in a really bad neighborhood. So one day she stole her friend Zora's money and didn't tell her. Sato and Raspberry has a close relationship. Her father don't live with them anymore and he is drug-addicted

message 8: by Mariam (new)

Mariam Waggeh | 2 comments The best book was The hunger games series because its interesting and it doesn't have the type of ending you would except. You expect everything to be happy but things take a turn for the worst

message 9: by Jahara (new)

Jahara | 1 comments the best book that i have read this year was spycat

message 10: by Kemely (new)

Kemely | 2 comments the best book i read was divergent.i chose that book because it got me it to the series.the reason its the best book is because it has romance,action,and to me i found some parts of the story funny.the main character is named Beatrice but when she joins a different group she changes her name to Tris and meets a young man named Four or Tobias and they have to got through difficulties through the city.

message 11: by Greisbert (new)

Greisbert Nunez | 4 comments The best book I read this year is "The rock star's daughter" This book gave an inside experience of celebrities life on tour and family. This book was a combination of romance and adventure. It was about a girl who had a father for a rockstar and a step mother and spoilt step sister

message 12: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Bamba | 2 comments The book i read is Final four by Paul Volponi. in this college students battle each other in a hectic battle to prove their the best at what they do. People who would like this book is people who enjoy sports and enjoy urban stories.

message 13: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Newman | 2 comments The best book that I read this year is called "Someone Like You" by Sarah Dessen. This book was very interesting to me because it is a book about drama and teen life.

message 14: by Briana (new)

Briana Maduro | 3 comments The best book I've read is called Sarah Dessen "Lock & Key" This book is filled with a little bit of laughter, but then again it's basically teaching a lesson with a mother and a daughter.

message 15: by Shamontae (new)

Shamontae | 3 comments The Best book i have read so far is "Tears of a tiger" by Draper, Sharon M.Its about these teen guys who were drinking and driving and in result they end up getting in a car accident. Rob beliefs its his fault that his friend died so he is really depressed.

message 16: by Djenebou (new)

Djenebou Semega | 1 comments The best book that I have ever read was The Ever After. This was the best book because it talks about a girls experience when she dies. There are floating objects around her-each of which are things she lost when she was alive. Every time she touches one of those floating objects, it takes her back to the time she lost them and she could change what happened so that she never lost it. Also there are more 'ghosts' just like her and she could communicate with them. The last floating object was her life because her best friends mom killed her. She was trying to help her friend out but her mom didn't want her to leave her so she shot her and said that she couldn't take her away from her.

message 17: by Shamontae (new)

Shamontae | 3 comments Winy wrote: "i really love freshman year and other unnatural disaters. It was so funny and dramatic i loved it.It was basicly about five freands journy in their first year at highschool."
check your spelling

message 18: by Greisbert (new)

Greisbert Nunez | 4 comments Kayla wrote: "The best book that I read this year is called "Someone Like You" by Sarah Dessen. This book was very interesting to me because it is a book about drama and teen life."

The best book I read this year was also Sarah Dessen's someone like you. It had romance and high school. it also shows how a true best friend support each other.

message 19: by Aniya (new)

Aniya | 1 comments The best book I have read is named the runaway twin. I like this book because it shows the adventure of a sister finding a sister. I also like this book because it showed a lot of courage of the sister not giving up.I also like this book because it’s a very heart-breaking story of these 2 sisters seeing each other after 12 years.

message 20: by Karina (new)

Karina Alvarez | 2 comments I have read many books this year. The books that most interest me is the twilight series and Begging for change. This is because they are very detailed and dramatic. In begging for change there are many things that can happen in real life. Yet in twilight it is a interesting tale that would keep you on your toes for hours. :) <3

message 21: by Shatyra (new)

Shatyra Wilkerson | 2 comments The best book i read this year was someone like you by Sarah dessen. Its about how two friends Scarllet and Halley are teenagers and Halley is pregnant, after having a one night stand with a guy she met at camp but as the pregnancy counties she goes through many difficulties like the baby father died. i really recommended this book if you want to read about true friendship, and if your mature enough

message 22: by Anwar (new)

Anwar | 2 comments The best book I read this year was Ghost Dog. It was a mystery about a ghost dog a boy saw and he tried to be friends with it. The ghost was really there to get its owner arrested because he had a meth lab in his house.

message 23: by Dymonaz (new)

Dymonaz Grant | 2 comments A book that was my favorite all year was the Final Four and Hot Hand. I like both of these books because both of them deal with basketball. Also both of them deal with big problems at the end.

message 24: by Meloddy (new)

Meloddy Castillo H. | 1 comments I would have to say that the best book that i have read this year is the just listen by Sarah Dessen. This book is about a young girl who had a tough life especially when the incident of her getting raped happened. This book is a very shocking book because it has many problems that this teenage girl is facing. I recommend you to read this book. i enjoyed reading it and maybe you would to.

message 25: by Aisha (new)

Aisha Jallow | 2 comments The best book that i have read this year was mrs.peregrines home of peculiar children.Its a scary weird book. I dont think any other person in class read this book because the cover wont really influence you to read it but its really creative.