Quiz Town discussion

☆☆ Quizzes (General) ☆☆ > Emotional Intelligence Quotient

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Damini, The Inquisitive Quizzer (new)

Damini | 5745 comments Mod
How Well Do You Read Other People?

Facial expressions are a universal language of emotion, instantly conveying happiness, sadness, anger, fear, and much more. Reading these expressions is essential to compassion and empathy.

Take this short quiz to measure your emotional intelligence. Try to identify the emotion conveyed in each of the 20 photos. Each answer will pinpoint the exact muscles involved in that emotion and explain the subtle differences between expressions, drawing on pioneering research by psychologists Paul Ekman and Dacher Keltner. Some emotions appear more than once.

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/ei_qu...

message 2: by Bloodyhell (new)

Bloodyhell Your Score: 11/20

But the emotions were so fake!

message 3: by Kay [Angel] (new)

Kay [Angel] | 65 comments 12/20...

message 4: by Enchanting (last edited Apr 25, 2014 01:33PM) (new)

Enchanting Dream (enchantingdream) 18/20 :)

message 5: by Damini, The Inquisitive Quizzer (new)

Your Score: 12/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

message 6: by Bloodyhell (new)

Bloodyhell Does that make me the most insensitive person here? :(

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

11/20 :P

The faces were so fake, though! A lady is sitting there smiling, yet she's upset? Makes no sense :P

message 8: by Bloodyhell (new)

Bloodyhell A man who looks like he's using the toilet. But he's actually in pain :p

message 9: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (castleofglass) | 598 comments Nope, I got the same score 11/20. The faces were too fake. I would have liked it better if they had found pictures of people really experiencing the emotion, rather than actors portraying them.

message 10: by Jenni (new)

Jenni (thefabjenni) | 417 comments Your Score: 14/20

Not bad. Your score means you're slightly better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

message 11: by Toni (new)

Toni (thewordshaker) 12/20

WEIRD,WEIRD faces...

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea B | 84 comments 16 out of 20 :) I think I did pretty well!

message 13: by notyourfriend, «Let the Quizzes Begin!» (new)

notyourfriend (amemori) | 1599 comments Mod
15/20

Mya~Cameron Dallas Is Bae ~❤️ | 1401 comments Your Score: 17/20

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored well above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

Surprised by Your Results?

Tell your friends and see how they compare!

message 15: by Damini, The Inquisitive Quizzer (new)

Yeah, exactly! Some of the faces hardly expressed the emotions. -_-

message 16: by Laura (new)

Laura (blueeyebooks) Your Score: 17/20

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored well above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess 10/20
I guess I'm not that good at reading people.

message 18: by ranya (new)

ranya (ranya3394) | 758 comments 15/20 I laughed so hard at number eight he just looked so weird... Nobody does that face lol these were pretty inaccurate. Forget the scientific stuff.

message 19: by Shauna (new)

Shauna (shaunathesheep) 13/20. Should have done better but the expressions seemed faked, they were not natural emotions being shown. (Excuses, excuses....)

message 20: by Cady (new)

Cady | 150 comments our Score: 12/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

The expressions were really fake -__-

message 21: by sel (new)

sel (lvagirl) Your Score: 13/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.

Some could be different. XD I scrunch my face up in pain and in disgust...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

13/20

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

17/20

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored well above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily | 21 comments 13 out of 20

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Your Score: 13/20

message 26: by BookWonder* (new)

BookWonder* (bookwonder) | 18 comments 16/20

You know that people can smile when they're sad, right? It's because they're trying to cover up their sadness, so they do a fake smile.

message 27: by Iron (new)

Iron Burrito | 54 comments 13/20

message 28: by Ginny (new)

Ginny  Weasley  | 78 comments 13/20

Marija *Somewhere beyond this starless sky, Through the darkest days of mine, Another sun will rise* | 1499 comments Your Score: 13/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

13/20

message 31: by Purvika (last edited Jun 29, 2014 07:30PM) (new)

Purvika (frostybells) | 410 comments Your Score: 18/20

Impressive. You've got a strong ability to read other people and understand what they're feeling. It's a great skill to have in a friend (and a poker player). Your score puts you in the upper echelons of emotional intelligence, yet research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your score even higher.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Your Score: 15/20

Not bad. Your score means you're better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

message 33: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly Mentions 10/20
But I agree with the others. They had fake expressions. They shouldn't have used actors...

message 34: by Sara (new)

Sara (saboosa) | 38 comments 19/20

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

The girl "in pain" looked like she just at a lemon for the first time.

message 36: by Tara (new)

Tara Higgins | 261 comments 12/20

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Your Score: 17/20

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored well above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.