Maleficium Imperium discussion

Introductions *MUST READ* > Suggestions & Questions

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Hott (jacobhottlifesucksthenwedie) | 527 comments Mod
Hey guys, I'm sure all this is a little confusing to you and I'm sure you have plenty of ideas crammed in your heads to help the group grow...their are no stupid questions, but their are alot of dumb ideas....Just Joking guys...give me all your suggestions and all of your questions.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

If u call my ideas dumb love we will have problems :P

Okay so my suggestions are toward the plot. So i know in ur lil head u probably already have tons of ideas.

For the new villian, nemesis whatever he or she shall be. I think maybe they should want to destroy magic or at least want to contain it. Like they found some way to remove the magic from individuals and want to only let certain people have the magic while others are in the lower class or slaves, etc

message 3: by Jacob (new)

That is an interesting idea, should the group grow more into the rp I think two villains against one another could work, my current villain is looking in the opposite direction however. He believes that Purebloods are the worthless ones being few in number these days he feels Purebloods frowning upon Mudbloods and halfbloods and halfbreeds is wrong and therefore they should take over.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited May 19, 2014 12:28PM) (new)

So he roots for the good guys but does not defend them in a way that is just. That's interesting. But u know the reason why I added the idea was because I wanted my character that I'm currently creating to be apart of the premise of the plot. I wanted my character to b half dementor but instead of sucking happiness she was corrupted to suck away magic but is not conscious of what she can do. It is also a ability she can control. The villain per say could have been her mentor or somethin that made her that way. If that is thinking too far ahead sorry love.

message 5: by Jacob (new)

That sounds interesting, but I think being half dementor she would still suck away happiness and feed form it to make her self happy and so forth, but also if you would like she may have such a gift to drain away not only happiness and hope but the pure energy that is carried in magic...her mentor could be the Dark arts/ Deputy Headmaster if you like.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not sure I want her aware of her breed though. Like I like the idea of her having the deputy headmaster as he mentor but I want her to not know her purpose. The sucking happiness to make he happy though. I'd rather pass on the idea. I like complicating my character to the point that she is not black or white she's more of a gray area.

message 7: by Jacob (new)

Dementors naturally suck happiness and joy from others to provide strength to themselves. It is their way of feeding, they only sided with the ministry before Voldemort's return because they were offered joyful thoughts to be sucked away. Voldemort offered twice as many people to inflict fear upon and feed from and therefore sided with him.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. But does she really have to suck happiness to be happy? I would have her be able to suck happiness away that since that is originally what dementors do.

message 9: by Jacob (new)

thats fine to jsut so she sucks it away leaivng only memories of darkness and evil in ones life, but also like dementors she will be fueled energized by shat she absorbs form others.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

So since u know she also can absorb magic and happiness o magic can I stretch her abilities a bit. We only know so much about the dementors so can I add different abilities?

message 11: by Jacob (new)

No you can't add different abilities....We know enough about them that if you like you may alter some abilities to a different means, but nothing major, love...sorry.
"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth. They infest the darkest, filthiest places, they glory in decay and despair, they drain peace, hope, and happiness out of the air around them... Get too near a Dementor and every good feeling, every happy memory will be sucked out of you. If it can, the Dementor will feed on you long enough to reduce you to something like itself...soulless and evil. You will be left with nothing but the worst experiences of your life."
—Remus Lupin

A Dementor is a non-being[1] and Dark creature, considered one of the foulest to inhabit the world. Dementors feed off human happiness, and thus cause depression and despair to anyone near them. They can also consume a person's soul, leaving their victims in a permanent vegetative state, and thus are often referred to as "soul-sucking fiends" and are known to leave a person as an 'empty-shell'.

The Ministry of Magic employed Dementors as the guards of Azkaban prison, until mid-1996, when Lord Voldemort was sighted in the Ministry, and their defection to his side was realised. The Dementors supposedly led the Death Eaters and Voldemort into the Ministry of Magic.[3] After the end of the Second Wizarding War in 1998, the Ministry was reformed, and Minister for Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt ensured that they were not used by the government again.

There are certain defences one can use against Dementors, specifically the Patronus Charm. Dementors hold no true loyalty, except to whomever can provide them with the most people to feed off. They cannot be destroyed, though their numbers can be limited if the conditions in which they multiply are reduced, implying that they do die off eventually.

message 12: by Jacob (new)

"They don't need walls and water to keep the prisoners in, not when they're trapped inside their own heads, incapable of a single cheerful thought. Most go mad within weeks."
—Remus Lupin on Azkaban prisoners' long-term exposure to Dementors

Being blind, Dementors sense and feed on the positive emotions of human beings in order to survive, forcing their victims to relive their worst memories over and over again. The very presence of a Dementor can make the victim's surrounding atmosphere grow cold and dark, and as the number of Dementors increase, so do the effects. Those that are kept in the company of a Dementor for too long tend to become depressed, and are often driven insane, which was the main source of Azkaban's well-deserved horrible reputation when they still guarded its prisoners. After spending only a few months there, Rubeus Hagrid claims he wished he would die in his sleep.

Dementors rely fully on their ability to sense emotion and physical and/or mental health to track the movements of the prisoners in their care, and are generally unable to distinguish one person from another if both are in similar physical or mental condition. They were unable to identify Mrs Crouch being snuck into Azkaban disguised as Bartemius Crouch Jr using Polyjuice Potion, or Barty Crouch Jr being snuck out disguised as his mother, since both were ill, as divulged by Bartemius Crouch Jr. under the influence of Veritaserum in 1995 (though it may be that they simply did not care who they were sucking happiness from so long as they were "fed"). They can also not distinguish between humans and animals very easily; Sirius Black, an Animagus, was able to escape from Azkaban in his dog form. When he became his dog form during imprisonment, the Dementors thought he was losing his mind.

Although Muggles cannot see Dementors, they are affected in a way similar to wizards and witches, becoming depressed when near them.[7] While at least one Squib, Arabella Figg, has claimed to see a Dementor,[7] the truth is that Squibs cannot see them, but have enough magical knowledge to identify their effects.

After Bartemius Crouch Jr.'s mother died in Azkaban, Dementors buried her body, which shows that Dementors are also capable of physical labour, such as grave-digging. Also, Sirius escaped when the Dementors came to give food, another way of labour.

Also, Dementors have the ability to fly freely, without support. It is also stated by Remus Lupin that, provided a wizard remains in close contact with Dementors for an extended period of time, a Dementor can drain a wizard of his powers. This is not touched upon after being mentioned, so the truth to this statement is unknown. If this is the case, however, it would make Dementors the only known being to permanently render a wizard without magic.

Dementor's Kiss
"There's no chance at all of recovery. You'll just... exist. As an empty shell. And your soul is gone forever... lost."
—Remus Lupin on the Dementor's Kiss

In addition to feeding on positive emotions, Dementors can perform their last and most dangerous ability: the Dementor's Kiss, in which a Dementor latches its mouth onto a victim's and sucks out the person's soul.[2] The victim is left as an empty shell, incapable of thought and with no possibility of recovery. It is believed that existing after a Dementor's Kiss is worse than death: as a person's soul is their true self, to be 'kissed' by a Dementor is to cease to exist, and yet also remain. The Ministry of Magic occasionally allowed this as a punishment, before Kingsley Shacklebolt became Minister for Magic. It is unknown what effect a Dementor's Kiss would have on a person who had split his or her soul through use of a Horcrux.

The only Kiss portrayed in the books occurred in 1995; Barty Crouch Jr, who had been working in secret for Voldemort, and was restrained at Hogwarts awaiting trial. His soul was sucked out by the Dementor accompanying Cornelius Fudge as a bodyguard.[5] The unfortunate consequence of this act was that it rendered Crouch unable to testify about his master's return, allowing Voldemort almost a full year to gather strength while the Ministry continued in its denial.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I wasn't thinking anything major. I was thinkin of just a few minor abilities like since dementors sense emotions she could have a bit of empathy, etc.

message 14: by Jacob (new)

okay well make the charrie and I'll review her how abotu that?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay that will take awhile. I'm very picky with face claims, etc.

message 16: by Jacob (new)

lol k

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

U know how much I am a perfectionist

message 18: by Jacob (new)

yeah I know so go make something perfect

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope so

message 20: by E (last edited May 23, 2014 10:55AM) (new)

E Wondering if my WIP charries schedule works please let me know
(view spoiler)

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited May 26, 2014 11:02PM) (new)

Love.so is Constantine the villain who wants to take away magic right? And do u want anything else in his and Aspyn' s relationship? Like anything romantic? Sexual? He not only teaches her but uses her body as well?

message 22: by Jacob (new)

it is up to you dear add whatever you desire and I'll follow in suit.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought itwould be good he'd be the villian. I am almost done with the character i just need to actually type it out. And i think u should have a choice too love to how their relationship is

message 24: by Jacob (new)

Evan Son Of Poseidon wrote: "Wondering if my WIP charries schedule works please let me know

Monday:
9:00 am-9:45 am: Breakfast
10:15 am-11:15 am: Spell Creation
11:45 am-12:45 pm: Spell Creation
1:00 pm-1:45 pm: Lunch
2:15 pm..."

unfortunately it does not work out so well given the mere fact of te matter being it looks like you simply ran out of ideas for classes. you have optional scheduled breaks you I'd prefer you not take one class and then the same class for next period it seeems rather impulsive fromt he looks of it, but either way add in some breaks only as many as you are allowed and different classes I mean double dark arts or double potions is one thing, but never one after the other and it seems quite crude to jsut repeat oneself over and ofver what classes would your charrie take if they chose their classes and not you? I mean honestly think of their wands performance and their personality it isn't that hard and fit it up with other students of the same year so you aren't left out.

message 25: by E (new)

E How a classes working Jacob like are we rping them at the same real time as the schedule if so what Timezone? Because I have been using my timezone AEST

message 26: by Jacob (new)

((No we are not using it real time. It is whatever time but as of now I'm keeping it saturday late evening. after dinner time okay? I have students in Dark Arts right now. so I would say you are in alchemy this saturday night. While in reality today it is June 10th, 2014 I am going to be posting a topic that should be checked regularly when a bell rings or something for next classes as much as next days.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Jacob wrote: "That is an interesting idea, should the group grow more into the rp I think two villains against one another could work, my current villain is looking in the opposite direction however. He believes..."

love are we still using this villian?? if so which character is he?

message 28: by Jacob (new)

I haven't yet decided. I mean right now Constantine is the real enemy. Much like Voldemort attacked mudbloods and half-bloods I am thinking eh will attack purebloods. So what are your thoughts of the motive and goal of this new enemy?

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 11, 2014 01:19PM) (new)

i'm not really not sure yet. i was hoping u did. well we have established that we want them against one another. maybe it could Javier? like he turns his back on constantine and had his own motives? or we could make an entirely new villain. what if we make him a reincarnation of a dark wizard from the past or like a grandson of voldermort? I am literalt just throwing ideas from the top of my head. or make it a dragon like Smaug from the Hobbit?