Clean Romances discussion

Book Chats > Recommendations - Clean 'Marriage of Convenience' Books?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda | 3 comments Can anyone recommend some well-done clean 'Marriage of Convenience' stories? Preferably a contemporary romance, but a well-written historical MoC story would be great, too. When I try to search them out online, I keep getting the sexier books, which makes me fear that clean MoC stories are few and far between.

Thanks!

message 2: by Samina (new)

Samina | 22 comments you should check out Billionaire Marriage Brokers series by Lucy McConnell

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan Alton | 1 comments "The Christmas Bargain" by Shanna Hatfield is my favorite. "Heavenly Surrender" and "A Bargained for Bride" by Marcia Lynn McClure are good. "Short Straw Bride" by Karen Witemeyer might be considered MoC

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7...

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Bok (Regency_Reader) | 130 comments There’s always The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer—yes, historical.

message 5: by C. (last edited Jan 05, 2016 02:12AM) (new)

C. | 284 comments Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick

Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2) by Robin Lee Hatcher

A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer

The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer

A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist

The Accidental Bride (A Big Sky Romance #2) by Denise Hunter

The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (Wyoming Legacy, #3) by Lacy Williams

The Husband Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #3) by Regina Scott

Corporate Husband (Love and Chocolate Series Book 1) by Beverly Farr

Forgotten Honeymoon (Summer Wedding, #1) by Beverly Farr

Wife by Wednesday (The Weekday Brides, #1) by Catherine Bybee

Accidentally Married on Purpose (Love and Games, #3) by Rachel Harris

The Convenient Wife by Betty Neels

As is expected, this is a far more common plot device in Historical romance than Contemporary.

message 6: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 13 comments I second the Billionaire Marriage Brokers series by Lucy McConnell -- I loved the entire series!

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 3 comments Thanks, everyone! I spent last night checking some of these out, and picked up a couple of titles. I'll definitely check the rest of them out. I was hoping to get the Billionaire Marriage Brokers series, but to my disappointment they're not available on iBooks (I don't use Amazon). Hopefully they'll show up there someday soon so I can read them.

message 8: by Kitty (new)

Kitty | 16 comments I recommend Seeking Persephone by Sarah M. Eden. I love her books!

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean Gordon (goodreadscomJeanCGordon) | 56 comments My Bachelor of Father is a clean ad wholesome contemporary marriage of convenience romance.

Bachelor Father by Jean C. Gordon

Jean C. Gordon

Linda wrote: "Can anyone recommend some well-done clean 'Marriage of Convenience' stories? Preferably a contemporary romance, but a well-written historical MoC story would be great, too. When I try to search the..."

message 10: by Julie (new)

Julie | 32 comments I just stumbled across Lena Goldfinch and her Marriage of Convenience story The Unexpected Bride. It's historical, but I really enjoyed it and it's clean.

message 11: by Alysia (new)

Alysia S.  Knight | 9 comments Trail to Her Heart
I hope you don't mind a suggestion from the author of the book. This is a western historical. Jessica Wellington flees her home to avoid being married to a man she despises. She disguises herself as a boy to join a wagon train, but when she’s discovered, she's forced into a marriage again, except this time to a man she loves.
As a boy, Jess Wells disturbed Nathan Hawke, as a woman, his frustration knows no bounds. There's no convenience in this marriage of convenience. Nathan must figure out not only how to make Jessica love with him, but keep her safe on a trail filled with dangers - animal and human.

All my books are clean, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, hopefully it helps. Alysia

message 12: by Lena (last edited Jan 10, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Lena Goldfinch (Lena_Goldfinch) | 40 comments Julie wrote: "I just stumbled across Lena Goldfinch and her Marriage of Convenience story The Unexpected Bride. It's historical, but I really enjoyed it and it's clean."

Just saw your post. Glad you liked The Unexpected Bride. :)
Lena
PS it's on sale right now for $.99 on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks & Google Play Books.

message 13: by Linda (last edited Jan 11, 2016 05:04AM) (new)

Linda | 3 comments Thanks to everyone for all these great recommendations! I have Alysia's in my queue to get, and I got Lena's and Jean's books (I'm reading The Unexpected Bride right now) in addition to the ones I'd already bought, and now have a great stock of marriage of convenience stories to last me through the winter. Love being a part of this community!

message 14: by Lena (new)

Lena Goldfinch (Lena_Goldfinch) | 40 comments :)

message 15: by Alysia (new)

Alysia S.  Knight | 9 comments It's fun to know what everyone is doing and find new things. Have a great winter.
Alysia