Young Adult Reader Club discussion

Book Themes

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (missjenna) | 586 comments Mod
Hello Everyone,

I have set up this thread so you can all make suggestions of what can of themes you would be interested in having for our monthly reads.

The themes can be anything you'd like so feel free to throw out as many ideas as you have!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

How about...

A new release theme where each month we read a Young Adult book that was just released the prior month? That way we can get more familiar with new authors or add in new books to series the group has already read... things like that.

message 3: by Jenna (new)

That's a really good idea,because I know sometimes the books we read have been out for a while so some people have already read them. Plus it's always great to find new authors!

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 21, 2009 04:35PM) (new)

That's what I was thinking...

We could also do an Alphabet theme where each month the books nominated have to start with A, then B the next month, then C, and so on.

Or even the author's last name should start with that letter, that might be better... I dunno.

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Alphabet is good!

Also, we could do the usual genre themes.

message 6: by Jenna (new)

Those are all really great ideas,maybe I should make a poll so everyone can vote on an theme idea and we'll see which one people seem to like! What do you think?

message 7: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey I <3 polls. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I love polls too! :)

message 9: by Jenna (new)

Yay! Me too,I'll set up a poll then,so we can see what kind of themes people are interested in! Thanks for your help ladies!

message 10: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey Always happy to help.

message 11: by Jenna (new)

I set up the poll with some of the different book themes people have suggested,so we'll see which one most people seem to be interested in.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

3-way tie? haha

message 13: by Jenna (new)

Yeah so far,hehe

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) We can do a "season" or "holiday" theme. We can read a book based on the season or what holiday is coming up. For example, for Independence Day, we can read something historical bout the nation.

message 15: by Jenna (new)

That's a good idea Ashley! Thanks for the suggestion.