Open Mind, Open Heart discussion

General Topics > Good Life, Good Death

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starr (new)

Starr | 183 comments Mod
Is anyone else having trouble finding a copy of "Good Life, Good Death"? Buying a copy from any local bookstore is proving problematic for me. No one has it. I may just have to get them to order it or go online myself. It's funny, but that has been happening more and more-- books I want aren't available at the book store.

message 2: by Starr (new)

Starr | 183 comments Mod
OK, so my copy just came in. I'm about two chapters into it. His physical descriptions of the death process are interesting, but I really have to wonder if that is the same for everyone. In other words, as each physical element (earth, water, fire, air) leaves the body you're made aware until finally you reach this uncomfortable inbetween state and then you wake up in a new life, remembering your old life, if you're lucky, as a dream. You may remember parts but not all and the more "practiced" you are the more heightened your awareness.

message 3: by Starr (new)

Starr | 183 comments Mod
I really enjoyed this book. It offers detailed insight into how to tame common negative emotions - anger, attachment, jealousy, etc..-through awareness and meditation. Living everyday with love and compassion isn't easy if you experience these negative emotions, so I like the practical tips on how to notice these feelings and the meditations he prescribes.