Beginning Authors discussion

What manscripts are you working on?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I will soon start on a young adult novel about 4 kids whose parent(s) are in the army, marines or the navy and are just trying to deal with being a teenager and trying to deal with their parent's absence and trying to keep thier family together.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hair | 29 comments Mod
I'm working on my novel, which would probably fit in a fantasy genre, but is more of a historical fiction. I really like it so far, and I think I can keep it up. I also have a number of un-finished short stories that I need to finish! I have a tendency to do that.

message 3: by Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (last edited Feb 29, 2008 03:20PM) (new)

Jo (Bloomin'Chick) (BloominChick) i think i've got writer's ADD & constipation all at once! i've got several things in limbo at the moment, at least 1 or 2 novels, mostly all fiction and 1 non.

ps~ kristen, i hope you don't mind that i added a few books on writing to the group's shelf!

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Hey, I don't mind if you add books! More than welcome. If there is a book that everyone should read, post it there! Be sure to tell us why you like it, though.

message 5: by Perrin (new)

Perrin | 10 comments Well, I am working on a fantasy novel. I am stuck in one part, so I haven't been able to write very much. :(

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Right now I'm writing a fantasy novel and I've been stuck for a whie, but just yesterday I had an idea, so I'm up and writing again! I'm so happy!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, I'm writing a fantasy, well actually I'm helping my friend who lives in ohio write a fantasy. (I live in Virginia.) I am not really a beginner writer. I have been writing since I was 13 and I love writing. The funny thing is though, when I was younger I hated writing, I could never think of how to start it, due to my severe case of ADHD. Anyway, yall should check out my group, The ADHD/Non ADHD Writers/Readers & All Musicians.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) I switch off from story to story. It's a habit. Anyway, the ones I'm probably farthest on is The Search For The Rose Crown which is a fantasy science fiction genre. It's at the critical revising stage for me ^-^

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (KBHill) I started a book with the "true" story of classic fairy tales, but its still in the preliminary stages. I should probably work on that.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Be happy Rain! I suck at writing poetry!

message 11: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie I'm working on a few different things at the moment. I've already written two books for a series (they're not published) and I've started working on the third. I am also writing a book about a guy who finds himself in a prison and doesn't remember anything before coming there. He woke up on his way to the jail. I also have another story that I'm working on about a girl who runs away from home. The first few chapters of two of my books are on my writing.

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) I wrote poems in 7th grade and I really liked it. My narrative poem was really sad thought...it was pertaining to my stories, however. I also wrote a poem when I was feeling depressed about something happening in my family. (okay I admit! I'm trying to make Rain feel accepted!) ^-^

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy (FutureMrsDyer) | 5 comments everyone is writing fantasy. i have only a few short stories i'm deciding if they can be expanded. i havn't written in months. mostly reading to get the juices flowing. which is why i joined this site so i could get some inspiration. i've been connecting with a 13 year old named Kenzie T. she's an awesome aspiring writer. everyone look her up and give her support about her stuff. i think Kristen is friends with her too. she's really into fantasy as well.

message 14: by Kenzie (last edited Apr 01, 2008 08:30AM) (new)

Kenzie Thanks for your support Amy. I didn't think my writing was that good. But I have been told multiple times that I need to have more self-confidence, so I could be wrong. Secretly, though, I do need to keep writing. My stories will die otherwise. I don't feel well during the day until I have written at least a page in one of my books. Sad, isn't it? I've also been told I need to get a new hobby, I read way too much, or that it's weird to carry around a journal of ideas...

message 15: by Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ (last edited Apr 04, 2008 03:09PM) (new)

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ I've only written one book so far (it's not published)...but i'm only fifteen, so it's a good enough accomplishment for me. It's called Destiny. (you can read the first chapter on this site) The book that I'm working on right now is currently called The Chosen One--but I plan to change the title once I can think of a more original one. It's about two teens in this alternate universe which is ruled by four gods. Every one hundred years, the gods choose one person to hold all their power, and one of the main characters gets Chosen...and a lot of problems follow, etc. I'm about halfway through it now. You can read the first chapter on this site, too. I would like some feedback (also, maybe some suggestions for a different title?)

message 16: by Sella (last edited Apr 04, 2008 06:15PM) (new)

Sella Malin I'm currently writing a book called Tulip's Cozy Tea. It's a fantasy story about this young writer who's struggling to write a book. One of her "failures" turns out to have more to it then she thought. It's kind of a mystery story. The first chapter is on this site. Feedback? Also, I got like halfway through a book about a selkie girl when I recently stopped writing it, because I didn't think it was heading in the direction I wanted it to go (it was starting to be a love story, not what I meant for it to be)...maybe I'll go back to it sometime.

message 17: by Mary-Celeste (new)

Mary-Celeste | 4 comments Mod
I'm working on the third draft of 'The Pros and Cons of Breathing'. I'm also about half-way through 'Whatever Celia Wants' ... but I'm thinking of scrapping it and starting over, because it's very rough, and I don't like some of the characters right now. It just needs to be cleaned up a ton. And then I have 10-15 novel ideas swimming around in my head. I'm going to have a hard time choosing just one for nanowrimo this year!

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ wow no one has posted in this discussion for a while...
I'm working on six manuscripts right now. WHOOHOO!! XD
three of them are joint stories: Moon Rise, The Prophecy of Aedán, and one that doesn't have a title yet...
then i'm working on three on my own: Shades, The Chosen One, and Reborn.

message 19: by Kristen (new)

I recently started a new novel about this world where everyone buys a Verr. Verr are shape-shifters that are slaves, in a way...anyway, she has feelings for hers, and that's the great and unforgivable sin...anyway. You can read some on goodreads, I promise I'll post more, once more people read it. Here you go:http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2...