Jesus Freaks! discussion

Body Modification

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (zacharykeith) What are your opinions on Tattoos and Piercings?

I was reading a thread in another group and was shocked by the responses. I just wanna see what this group has to say.

message 2: by Austin (new)

Austin (ABedolla) tattoos i think that it depends on the content. My mom has a tattoo and its fine. Piercings are ok unless they are EVERYWHERE.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Tattoos could be an unexpected suicide in my opinion. I've heard that if the contents in the ink are really bad it could cause cancer. So yes, I will say I don't like tattoos at all. Body piercing I can take if it's just for the ears. But if it's on your tongue, nose, etc. That would not approve in my book.

message 4: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (zacharykeith) Indiana wrote: "Tattoos could be an unexpected suicide in my opinion. I've heard that if the contents in the ink are really bad it could cause cancer. So yes, I will say I don't like tattoos at all. Body piercing ..."

Why don't you approve of any other piercing besides the traditional ear piercing?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, I don't know why to be honest. I can take ear piercing but if it's on your nose or anything like that it's just kind of creepy for some reason. But, I will state, I am never going to get my ears pierced at all.

message 6: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (zacharykeith) It's your body, and your choice :] Just asking.

message 7: by Zachary (new)

Zachary (zacharykeith) Annelise wrote: "I don't think tattoos or piercings on your body are ok. I have my ears pierced, but that is as far as it goes! Being a christian, the bible tells us to take care of our bodies since it is a temple..."

No it's not too harsh it's your opinion :]
And here is mine:

If our body is a Temple of the Lord then why not spice it up? I feel that as long as a tattoo is not blasphemous or immoral in any way then there shouldn't be a problem.
I am willing to bet that the members of your favorite Christian bands have a tattoo. Are they going to Hell because of it? What about people with a verse or a cross tattooed? What if they're tattoo is a declaration of faith for the world to see?
I personally am going to obtain several tattoos. I have the designs in mind and have meanings for all of them. I will not place designs on my body that are devoid of meaning or purpose; but I will "decorate" my body with designs that are meant to please the Lord or represent a significant happening in my life.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

wHY ARE YOU TELLING US ROLF

dO WHAT YOU WANT IN THIS LIFE

YOU HAVE FREEWILL

iN THE NEXT LIFE YOU WILL BE JUDGED AND THAT IS KIND

iT IS KIND TO JUDGE

message 9: by Mikaylah (new)

Mikaylah Mary,what do you mean "do what you want in this life...in the next life you will be judged"?
I don't understand what you mean.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Is mean that people not git down wehn they feel loneley

or whin them see bad people gittin rich

thems drug pushers have stuff now but they will pay in the netx life rolf

message 11: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (cohlover) | 5 comments it's not funny tho... i have pierced ears but i will NEVER get tongue or belly button or nose for 2 reasons 1) OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 2) i think it looks weird (and on the tongue you wouldn't be able to talk regularally. I plan on getting a tattoo of a cross on a rock with Jesus' head thingy on it.

message 12: by Allen (new)

Allen (allennarita) | 6 comments HMMMMMMMMMM Tatoos are baaaaaaaad unless they are temporary . oh and autumn did you notice the small tatoo of the wataburger sisn on coach newman's ankle?