Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Hire a Hero (The Hunter Legacy, #7)
This topic is about Hire a Hero
Book Issues > Please add Hire a Hero to my series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Ellis | 61 comments Could someone please add Hire a Hero to The Hunter Legacy series please. Its book 7 in the series, but since you labelled book 6 as 5.5, I guess its book 6 here.
Thanks.

message 2: by Bea (new)

Bea Since the cover states which book number it is, I have renumbered book 6 in the series and added this one as book 7.

message 3: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Ellis | 61 comments Thank you. :)

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20808 comments Bea wrote: "I have renumbered book 6 in the series"

Reverted. That one is a novella. Goodreads uses .5 for novellas.
Made Hire a Hero book 6.

message 5: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Ellis | 61 comments I will never understand that policy, but so be it.

It just seems to arbitrarily undermine the authors numbering system, and leave goodreads readers with a numbering system which doesn't match the numbers on the book covers.

It also misrepresents the series, leaving people the impression the last book isn't out yet. They look at the series and see it has 6 books, so they dont bother looking for book 7, which they are otherwise asking for.

It does both the author and the reader a disservice by giving the wrong impression to the reader.

I guess there was a good reason for it back in the day, but it will never make any sense to me.

message 6: by Bea (new)

Bea Arenda wrote: "Bea wrote: "I have renumbered book 6 in the series"

Reverted. That one is a novella. Goodreads uses .5 for novellas.
Made Hire a Hero book 6."

I was aware of that rule, Arenda, but felt that consistency with book cover over-ruled it. Sorry for the mistake.