Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: December 20th - January 15th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 24, 2015 06:50PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments So sorry it's late guys! It's time to Pick a winner!!!

Duration: December 20th through January 15th
Partners will be picked on: December 20th

guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (it's just to give a choice) ****

If you have questions, please post them Here

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

Participants

✔1. Vicki
✔2. Theresa
✔3. Mandiann
✔4. Isabelle
✔5. Marya
✔6.Keihi
✔7. Vanessa
✔8. Michalina
✔9. Marybeth
✔10 Hannah
✔11 Allison
✔12 Leah
✔13 Jennifer
✔14 Suzy
✔15 Farith
✔16 Diyah
✔17 Jessica
✔18 Anna
✔19 Drishti
✔20 Justyna
✔21. Michelle
✔22. Trisha

Pairs

1. Marybeth & Allison
2. Jessica & Michelle
3. Theresa & Drishti
4. Diyah & Michalina
5. Keihi & Hannah
6. Anna & Mandiann
7. Farith & Suzy
8. Trisha & Vanessa
9. Marya & Justyna
10 Isabelle & Jennifer
11 Leah & Vicki

message 2: by Vicki (last edited Dec 09, 2015 06:46PM) (new)

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Vicki wrote: "Sign me up! :o)"

LOL! Give me a shelf! :)

message 5: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7503 comments Me too!

message 7: by Isabelle (last edited Dec 09, 2015 06:27PM) (new)

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Trisha wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Sign me up! :o)"

LOL! Give me a shelf! :)"

Oops, I added it for you. Sorry about that!

message 11: by Vanessa (last edited Dec 09, 2015 11:39PM) (new)

message 18: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Kennedy | 419 comments Im In. I'll have reading time after exams :)
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 19: by farith (last edited Dec 10, 2015 08:46PM) (new)

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1057 comments I really need help choosing what to read! Definitely in!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 23: by Drishti (new)

Drishti (drishti_ohri) | 431 comments Count me in! =)
My shelf : https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 25: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Updated!

Please let me know if I made any errors! :)

message 27: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments last day for sign ups! I'll post partners late tonight/tomorrow morning!

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Partners have been chosen:

Pairs

1. Marybeth & Allison
2. Jessica & Michelle
3. Theresa & Drishti
4. Diyah & Michalina
5. Keihi & Hannah
6. Anna & Mandiann
7. Farith & Suzy
8. Trisha & Vanessa
9. Marya & Justyna
10 Isabelle & Jennifer
11 Leah & Vicki

I hope you guys pick winners!!

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Dec 22, 2015 09:46AM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments My partner is Vanessa
and I pick:

1.Destroy Me
Because I absolutely LOVED this one. It literally completely changed the series for me. I hope you love it!

2. Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick
Because it's a stand alone (if you don't want to start a new series) and it's absolutely wonderful! I hope you love it too!

3. My Love Lies Bleeding (Drake Chronicles, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey
because it's short and if you are low on time, it's short enough you might be able squeeze it into a busy schedule

I hope the one you pick a winner! :)

message 30: by Michalina (new)

Michalina (bookovelove) | 388 comments My partner is Diyah and I pick:

1. An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1) by Sabaa Tahir because I'v heard many positive ratings about it from my friends

2. We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean because I've read it and absolutely love it!

3. Winterspell (Winterspell, #1) by Claire Legrand because I like the winter cover and title

I hope you like my picks! (:

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 777 comments My partner is Jessica & the books I pick are....:

1. The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel because I'm going to be reading it, too :D.

2. Touch (Denazen, #1) by Jus Accardo because it seems to be the oldest on your TBR.(:

3. Inkspell (Inkworld, #2) by Cornelia Funke so you can continue a series & get a big book out of your TBR at the same time.(:

message 32: by Justyna (new)

Justyna (blaire88) | 87 comments My partner is Marya and I pick for her:

1. Uprooted by Naomi Novik because I found this book on many 'best books of 2015' lists and it's a very interesting read

2. Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer because the last book in this series came out recently so I think you should continue it :)

3. Chinese Cinderella The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah because it seems really interesting.

Hope you'll find a winner here!

Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd) (goldenfurproductions) | 1057 comments Michelle wrote: "My partner is Jessica & the books I pick are....:

1. The Book of Ivy (The Book of Ivy, #1) by Amy Engel because I'm going to be reading it, too :D.

2. Touch (Denazen, #1) by Jus Accardo because it seems to be the olde..."

Thanks for the picks! I put them on my 'to-read immediately' shelf!

For you I pick:

1. These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman
Because I adore this book and this series, so of course I recommend it!
2. Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
Because this book has been on your list the longest
3. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare
Beacause it's the next book in the series for you to read

I hope you enjoy one of these books :)

message 34: by Keihi (new)

Keihi | 135 comments My partner is Hannah and I pick:

1. The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) by Rachel Morgan because the summary seems really promising.

2. Hourglass (Evernight, #3) by Claudia Gray because it's next in the series for you

3. A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall because the concept of 14-POV-love story is really intriguing and tbh I really liked the cover :)

Hope you like one of those :)

message 35: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments My partner is Leah, and I pick the following for you:

1. Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane because I've heard so many good things about it and in case you want to start a new series for the New Year.

2. Dark Tide (Waterfire Saga, #3) by Jennifer Donnelly because you loved the first two books and this one just came out in October, plus it's the highest rated on that shelf

3. The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co. #3) by Jonathan Stroud because it's another series you're enjoying and a new book comes out in 2016!

I hope you find a GREAT read from the books I chose for you to pick from. Happy reading in 2016!! :o)

message 36: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7503 comments My partner is Anna. I hope you find one you like.

1. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson because graphic novels are great when you need a quick read plus I am really curious about this one.

2. Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore because Po is amazing.

3. Violent Ends by Shaun David Hutchinson it looks like a really interesting collaborative fiction.

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girard (jennifergirard) | 1843 comments My partner is Isabelle, and I pick:

1. Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver because I'm looking at this book since forever!

2. The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle because I want to read it !

3. Miss Mayhem (Rebel Belle, #2) by Rachel Hawkins because i've loved the first one!

message 38: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7247 comments My partner is Keihi and I choose:

1. The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson because it has a high review and many people have read it.

2. Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1) by Sarah Rees Brennan because I gave this book 4 stars.

3. The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud because my sister and I both enjoyed this book.

message 39: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments my partner is Allison and I choose;
1. These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman because I found this story pretty interesting and rated it 5 stars.

2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio because I rated this book 5 stars and thought it was very good.

3. Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas - because I have never read this book but it looks very interesting.

I hope you find a great book in the books I chose for you. :)

message 40: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (teresitac78) | 340 comments My partner is Drishti and I choose for you:

1. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen because I love Jane Austen

2. The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5) by C.S. Lewis because The Chronicles of Narnia is a great series

3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart because it is a unique and interesting read

message 41: by Allison (last edited Dec 20, 2015 07:04PM) (new)

Allison Steadman @Marybeth Thanks for the great books!!

My partner is Marybeth and I choose:

1. The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan because it was an amazing book and series that I loved very much.

2. The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen because I hear it's a good book and have also been meaning to read it too.

3. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green because I enjoyed reading it and thought it was interesting.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Thank you so much for the picks Mandiann! I have been wanting to read all of those books, so I am excited to get started! (Sorry it took me a while to get this up, my brother came home so I was spending the day with him.)

For you I pick...

1. The Midnight Zoo by Sonya Hartnett because I have never heard of a book like it before, and it sounds really interesting!

2. This Book Is Gay by James Dawson because it sounds really interesting.

3. Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway because I have heard nothing but good things about it!

I hope you like my picks! :)

message 43: by farith (new)

farith My partner is Suzy and I choose these:
1. A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas I chose this because I will be reading it soon and we can fanboy/fangirl together :)
2. Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman I chose this because a lot of people say this is way better than the first one.
3. The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan I chose this because I like the cover :) Also I'm going to read it soon :D
I hope you like my picks Suzy :D :)

message 44: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7503 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "Thank you so much for the picks Mandiann! I have been wanting to read all of those books, so I am excited to get started! (Sorry it took me a while to get this up, my brother came home so I was spe..."

Thanks for the great picks, Anna. I am leaning toward This Book is Gay but I am very fickle and could change my mind before the challenge ends!!

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 777 comments Jessica (Goldenfurpro) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "My partner is Jessica & the books I pick are....:

2. Touch (Denazen, #1) by Jus Accardo because it see..."

Great! They were all on my maybe-TBR for December so thanks! I'm currently reading City of Glass but I might also read another one :D.

message 46: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Kennedy | 419 comments My Partner if Farith and my choices are

1) The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu because I liked it and the second book just came out

2) George by Alex Gino It looks like an interesting read and is a standalone

3) Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi I've heard great things about the series

message 47: by Suzy (new)

Suzy Kennedy | 419 comments Thanks for the picks Farith!

I'm going to read The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan It finishs off a series for me

message 48: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2664 comments My partner is Vicki, and I choose:

1. Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis because I want to read this book.

2. Beautiful Demons (Peachville High Demons, #1) by Sarra Cannon because my sister luked this book.

3. Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour because I think it sounds interesting.

message 49: by farith (new)

farith Thank you so much Suzy

I'm going to read George by Alex Gino George by Alex Gino.
God I'm excited to read this! :D

message 50: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (nessx) | 369 comments Trisha wrote: "My partner is Vanessa
and I pick:

1. Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi / Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi
Because I absolutely LOVED this series. The whole series is out so you won't have to (im)pat..."

Hey Trisha ! :) Thanks for your picks and I'm excited to get started, but I happen to have read Shatter Me already, would you want to pick something else or should I just read the sequel ?

« previous 1