Girl Writers and Readers discussion

Your Own Works > Just_Isabel

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here you go :)

message 2: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (bookworm_bella) | 62 comments Mod
Thank you! I hadn't noticed this so sorry:( I will start putting together some short stories now!!!

message 3: by Isabel (new)

It is so dark, I can't see anything. I run my hand against the wall, but jerk away quickly when I noticed it is damp. But how? It hasn't rained in weeks.
I keep walking. Just put one foot in front of the other. Wasn't that in a movie? One of those really old 2d screen ones. Yeah, it was like a holiday movie or something.
I enter "ouch!" I yell. I'm on the floor now, covered in who - knows - what. I think I tripped over a rock or something. I use all the strength I have left to try to push myself back up.
Suddenly, I hear footsteps again. Multiple. Maybe a group? How many more would they send?
I get up and start running. I can't be caught, I can't. I keep turning corners. I have no idea where I'm going, I mean I have to find a way out of here eventually, right? I can't hear them anymore, but I know they are close. They are always closed; aways watching. I have to get out.
I have to get out.
Just keep going.
I have to get out.
I turned the last corner for the last time (although I did not know this at the time.)
There is a light. It's so faint, but I can make it. I can, I will. It's so close now I can feel it.
It surrounds me.
I am free.

message 4: by Isabel (new)

I Almost Died, Again

"What the heck were you thinking!?" my dad yells at me. The whole situation was making him very livid. "How dare you go against our rules. You know that was wrong." "Yes dad," I managed to mumble "I'm sorry I just -" "There are going to be harsh punishments for this young lady, " he interrupts. "But -" here we go again. "Do you know how serious this is? You could have died." "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." "Hell right you weren't!" "Why don't I say something?" Mom interjects. "Honey," she looks at me with those serious green eyes. I can just see the disappointment frustration flickering in them. "What you did was wrong and I know you know it. They're going to be harsh punishments for this but, but you also know that too. All I want to know is why?" She looks so hurt all of a sudden. Like I am a huge let down. Okay then, let's backtrack.

message 5: by Isabel (new)

i am afraid

i was afraid
the shadows around me roused themselves as if from a deep sleep and left silently in every direction
i was afraid
my soul had been invaded-and devoured- by a black flame
i was afraid
for the night seemed endless
i was afraid
for there was nothing
only the darkness of the night
i was afraid
why did I live? why did I breathe?
i was afraid
of what then did you die?
i was afraid
i no longer felt pain
i was afraid
i was ruled by delusion
i was afraid
crying one night
i was afraid
staring at the flames in the darkness
i was afraid
the stars were but sparks of immense conflagration
i was afraid
without passion or haste I shall never forgive
i was afraid
i shall never forget those who kept silent yesterday and that will remain silent tomorrow
i was afraid
come, don't leave me
i was afraid
be quiet; be still
i am an open tomb, a summer sun
i am afraid

~i.b

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooh that's creepy! But very nicely written

message 7: by Isabel (new)

Marietta wrote: "Ooh that's creepy! But very nicely written"

Thank you:) It is called a found poem I believe. I took words and phrases from the book NIGHT and put them all together

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Just_Bel wrote: "Marietta wrote: "Ooh that's creepy! But very nicely written"

Thank you:) It is called a found poem I believe. I took words and phrases from the book NIGHT and put them all together"

Ah I see. I haven't heard of that kind of poem, but it sounds really cool!