CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2015 Weekly Threads > Week 49- It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas...

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 698 comments Mod
It is hard to believe that December is here and that we are almost halfway through it! Lights are up; trees are decorated, garland is strung; candles are lit; and preparations have begun for the visits of family and friends.

How is everyone doing with the challenge? You still have time to complete your reading goals- remember, you can log books until 11:59 pm on December 31st.

What is everyone reading this week? I just finished Career of Evil. I enjoyed it but did not find it quite as good as the previous books in the series. I'll be working on Carry On and The Sword of Summer next. I've been looking forward to them for quite a while so I'm excited to jump in and read.

Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike, #3) by Robert Galbraith Carry On by Rainbow Rowell The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 447 comments This week I finished Mercedes Lackey's The Last Herald Mage series, and am now reading The Face of a Stranger by Anne Perry, and will probably binge my way through this series as well, not sure which book is the last I've read in the series.
I've logged in 111 books so far, and my personal goal was 100 books.
Magic's Promise (Valdemar Last Herald-Mage #2) by Mercedes Lackey Magic's Pawn (Valdemar Last Herald-Mage #1) by Mercedes Lackey Magic's Price (Valdemar Last Herald-Mage #3) by Mercedes Lackey The William Monk Mysteries The Face of a Stranger / A Dangerous Mourning / Defend and Betray (William Monk, #1-3) by Anne Perry

message 3: by Joanna (new)

Ann wrote: "I've logged in 111 books so far, and my personal goal was 100 books."

Congratulations on finishing your personal goal for the year! It is always exciting to reach and then exceed the number of books you wanted read in a year. :)

message 4: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
I am currently listening to Flawless - the second book of the Pretty Little Liars series, still reading Dorothy Must Die, and Fifty Shades Freed

My goal for the year was 75 and I just finished book 109 yesterday - if I'm lucky I will finish the three I'm currently working on and maybe one or two more

Happy Reading
Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2) by Sara Shepard Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die, #1) by Danielle Paige Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James

message 5: by J (last edited Dec 14, 2015 08:35AM) (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
Jennifer wrote: -if I'm lucky I will finish the three I'm currently working on and maybe one or two more"

Well I finished one - Fifty Shades Freed - only 4 chapters left of flawless - still working on Dorothy Must Die - started and finished Regretsy: Where DIY meets WTF - and started the white rose - I think this has shaped up to be an eventful reading year!

I did all that this weekend and walked/ran a 5K with my daughter :)

Regretsy Where DIY Meets WTF by April Winchell The White Rose (The Lone City, #2) by Amy Ewing

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 447 comments I finished The Face of a Stranger, and A Dangerous Mourning, and Defend and Betray, and am now reading The Sins of the Wolf- all by Anne Perry. Not sure what I'll read once I get caught up with the Monk series.
The Sins of the Wolf (William Monk, #5) by Anne Perry

message 7: by Julie (new)

Julie | 130 comments I'm having a terribly time finishing American Gods, so I might not finish it this year after all.
I have read a few other books between though. I don't remember when I last posted, but I recently finished You're Never Weird on the Internet, Almost by Felicia Day (A VERY good read) and World War Z.

Right now I'm one book behind schedule, but I only need to read four more books to reach my goal of 52. I think I'll make it, especially since I have some time off of work coming up!

message 8: by Joanna (new)

Julie wrote: "I'm having a terribly time finishing American Gods, so I might not finish it this year after all."

I completely understand. I made it about 200 pages and then I just stopped. So don't feel bad if you don't finish it. Also, Felicia Day's book was great. I love her. I'm tempted to get the audiobook as well because she reads it.

Jennifer wrote: "I did all that this weekend and walked/ran a 5K with my daughter :)."

Congratulations on meeting and exceeding your reading goal! And congratulations on finishing a 5k. That is an awesome accomplishment. :)

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie | 130 comments I listened to Felicia Day's audio book and it was fantastic! I highly recommend it. :) The library has it on overdrive.