Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2016 > Kelsey's 50 in 2016

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelsey (last edited Apr 07, 2016 01:20PM) (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments Didn't get 50 in 2015 so I am going to try this again...having a baby did slow down my reading! :-)

1 Star=Did not like it
2 Stars=It was okay
3 Stars=Liked it
4 Stars=Really liked it
5 Stars=It was amazing

Extra Challenges 2016:
1. Read a book by an author new to you

The Fifth Wave

2. Read a book that was released in the last six months
Career of Evil

3. Read a book in a genre that is outside of what you normally read

Yes Please

4. Read the second Game of Thrones book (carried over from last year, oops!)

5. Read a book more than 500 pages

6. Read the second book in a series

The Infinite Sea (Fifth Wave #2)

7. Read a book nominated for the Goodreads Choice Awards

The Nightingale

8. Read a romance classic

9. Read a Banned Book

10. Read a book published at least 10 years ago

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments January

Abandoned: The Girl in the Spider's Web by David Lagercrantz The Girl in the Spider's Web

message 3: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 540 comments I'm planning on reading that book soon. It wasn't good?? Was it the new author? I just want some input before I read it.

message 4: by Kelsey (last edited Jan 22, 2016 09:12AM) (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments Alison wrote: "I'm planning on reading that book soon. It wasn't good?? Was it the new author? I just want some input before I read it."Sorry for the slow reply! It wasn't good at all. I'm not sure if it was poorly translated but it was poorly written and he sucked the spunk and life out of Lisbeth. I just couldn't bring myself to keep reading it. I realize that is a bit harsh but very honest and spoke with two others who felt the same way, one had finished it and said it wasn't worth it.

message 5: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments January

1. Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike, #3) by Robert Galbraith Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith=5 Stars!!

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments February

2. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah=5 Stars

message 7: by Kelsey (last edited Feb 19, 2016 03:41PM) (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 3. Yes Please by Amy Poehler Yes Please by Amy Poehler=3 1/2 Stars

message 8: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 4. Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Eleanor Coerr Sadako and the Thousand Paper by Eleanor Coerr=3 Stars

message 9: by Kelsey (last edited Mar 20, 2016 06:11PM) (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments March

5. The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey=5 Stars

message 10: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 6. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica The Good Girl by Mary Kubica=4 Stars

message 11: by Kelsey (last edited Apr 08, 2016 06:06AM) (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments April

7. The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey=4 Stars

message 12: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 8. The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins=4 Stars

message 13: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 9. What to Expect the First Year (What to Expect) by Heidi Murkoff What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff=3 Stars

message 14: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 10. Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín Brooklyn by Colm Toibin=3 Stars

message 15: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 11. Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson Before I go to Sleep by S.J. Watson=4 Stars

message 16: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 12. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty=4 Stars

message 17: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 260 comments 13. Let's Pretend This Never Happened A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson=4 Stars