Relinquut Corpus Meum - An Advanced Roleplay discussion

Hell > absinthe

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 560 comments Mod
One could call it a club, or they could just call it a gathering space for Knights that take pleasure in tormenting Pawns, and the occasion Rook. It's perhaps the cleanest dive bar in Hell.

message 2: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

And here Magda was, thinking he'd been late.

He'd walked in, expecting to see a crowd of rooks and pawns, but Absinthe was essentially empty. No crowd to navigate through to get to the bar. A smile touched his lips, turning his somewhat sullen mood a little less sullen. He wasn't sure why he was starting his day off with a drink, but a little tequila at whatever time it was wouldn't do him any grievous injury.

Besides, who else was gonna drink all that liquor?

message 3: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 466 comments Mod
Shiloh edged into the building, looking around nervously before finding a quiet spot by himself for him to sit down and look around with his big blue eyes. He was still adjusting to becoming a demon, and places like this still intimidated him immensely, though considering his life before it was no surprise since he has no real life experience. At all. Being stuck in bed most of your life really leaves you unprepared for suddenly being 100% healthy again....and a demon. It was the stuff of his fantasy books, being able to become a demon, his soul being taken, all of it. He wondered why it even happened, he didn't think his parents would have wanted something like this to happen to him, but maybe if he could find a way back to his brother he could at least reassure him that he was alright. He hadn't seen him since he was taken from the hospital.

message 4: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (last edited Jan 13, 2016 10:30AM) (new)

For a moment, the flames of hell lit up the dark bar as the door opened, and Magda turned to see who had finally decided to show up. His gaze fell upon a brown haired, scrawny looking thing that he'd never seen before. Cocking his head to the side, he wondered how new this kid was. He appeared as though he was still wet behind the ears, a doe eyed look to him.

A smirk breaking out over his lips, he downed his drink and continued to observe the new pawn for a moment before walking over.

"Enjoying your stay," he inquired, brows raised.

message 5: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

((I think he's actually a rook not a pawn))

Shiloh flinched instinctively when a voice spoke near him, having not expected anyone to pay him any attention. He turned to look at him with big eyes, not really knowing of many other demons, he had no idea who approached him. He hoped the other male wouldn't be scary like some of the other demons had been while he was still figuring things out. He bit his lip at his question, then stammered out softly, "I-I'm...w-working on f-f-figuring things out. I-its not t-too bad...."

message 6: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

[ wait, if he just recently had his soul sold and died, he'd be a pawn, though. to be a rook, it'd have to happened 50-100+ years ago ]
The other was very clearly frightened. He may not have even been aware of this whole demon ordeal. Lord knows Magda hadn't truly believed it to start, either. But, being frightened the way he was now was likely to make him a target for the knights.

"It'll get a lot worse if you keep stuttering like that," he observed, nodding his head, "Maybe don't look like everyone's going to eat you; they might not want to after that."

message 7: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

((*squints*oooooh.....did not know that tidbit of info. I'll have to edit his sheet then lmao XD))

"I-I'm s-sorry...." he stuttered out, "I-I've always st-st-stuttered. I-I don't th-think I-I c-could stop..." he looked even more nervous when he said they might not want to eat him if he didn't look like he did. So they would eat him?!?!?! That wasn't very reassuring. "I-I just....i-its a-a lot to t-try and t-take in...a-and understand...I-I d-didn't e-even th-think d-demons were r-real...b-but then a-again...I-I'd n-never been a-able to l-leave my r-room before th-this..."

message 8: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

[ XD it's totally fine. I prolly didn't write it out clear enough ]
"See now, that's a show of weakness," Magda observed, "People, and demons, tend to pick on the weak. Or pity them. Around here, you're more likely to get picked on."

He plopped down in the seat beside the younger demon, sighing softly. His system was filled with alcohol, but he couldn't see himself stopping any time soon. As a matter of fact, he'd raised his hand to signal one of the waitresses to bring him over a drink, Being a usual haunt, they would know what he liked. If he wasn't drinking in a bar somewhere on the surface, he was sure to be down here.

"You getting a drink?"

message 9: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

((lol nah its my fault XD I should have double checked the ranks before making him a rook))

Shiloh wasn't really sure what to do as the other male said that it was another show of weakness, and that the other demons would pick on the weak. He didn't really want to get picked on, but boy this was so much to take in! Honestly, all he wanted to do is go back to his brother, who had to be worried about him by now if his parents hadn't told what they had done to him. He didn't blame them though, they were just doing what they thought was right at the time, judgement clouded by fear and panic.

He glanced over at the other demon when he sat down next to him with a soft sigh and worried his lip with his teeth. He did his best to try and look less frightened, though whether or not it was working was another thing entirely. "I-I don't th-think I'm o-old e-enough t-to drink..." Shiloh said after a moment, looking up at him. He had no idea what kind of rules were in effect in the demon world, only that he was taught you had to be 21 years old to drink and he was not quite that age.

message 10: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Not old enough to drink? This kid was far too innocent. Leaving him alone would be like leaving him on a silver platter for the other demons. Magda chuckled, low and rueful. If he had had any of the morals this kid might have had, maybe he wouldn't be in this place right now. Then again, the kid was a demon now, one or the other. How he got to be like this was likely some fluke or accident. Maybe he was one of those kids that just had a very skewed sense of societal morality, the kind that would drop away within the next decade or so. He wouldn't be surprised if this kid turned out to be a beast later on. It was always the quiet, cute ones, after all.

If the rooks didn't change this pawn, it would be the knights. They certainly had their fill of making demonic life more like a literal hell. Upheld by centuries of experience--or in the rare cases, blood lust for days--they were like the upper class fellows that Magda had once cheated out of money. Of course, he still did that on occasion now, but it was a lot harder to keep up when you had other demonic duties to attend to. Like keeping Vel's bed warm, for instance.

"You're a demon now, kid," Magda stated, brows raised, "You're old enough for anything."

message 11: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Shiloh bit his lip nervously at Magda's words. He wondered if his brother would get mad if he knew he had drank anything alcoholic, but he had always been curious, spending most of ones life confined to a bed generally peaked one's curiosity for things most might already know about. "I-I'm not sure...what kind of drinks there are...what do you recommend?" Shiloh asked, looking up at him with big innocent eyes.

message 12: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

((shitty short post is shitty I'm sorry))

message 13: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

[ s'okay ^-^ I'm sorry for how late this is >.< ]
What would he recommend? Magda eyed the rook for a moment, trying to decide what would be the perfect drink for him. He was a clearly a child, practically a fetus in comparison to Madga, so anything too strong was out of the question. Which was most of what this bar had to offer, considering many of the occupants tended to drink a lot more heavily than they did as humans. Swirling his own drink around in his glass, he frowned as he stared down at the amber liquid.

"Go with a whiskey," he stated, after another moment of contemplation, "Tell 'em to mix it with Coke--lots of it."

message 14: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

((nah its fine haha I don't mind late))

"A whiskey with lots of Coke?" Shiloh echoed, looking at the drink Magda had for a moment then over at the waitress who brought over a new drink for Magda. "You want anything?" she asked Shiloh and he hesitated before saying, "A-a Whiskey please....mixed with a lot of Coke." he managed to barely stutter as he spoke, trying not to sound weak like Magda said. She nodded and walked off again. "M-my name is S-shiloh, by the way." he said after a moment, feeling as though a proper introduction was in order.

message 15: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

[ <3 ]
"Magdadriel," he responded, "but you can call me Magda, or Mags." The fuck? "On second thought, don't call me Mags; it sounds like you're talking to an old woman. And I knew an old woman named Mags." A smirk slid over his lips as he took another sip of his drink. "She was wild."

"Shiloh, like the dog in the book Shiloh?"

message 16: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

(( =^-^= ))

Shiloh smiled a little when Magda introduced himself, amusement clear on his face when he said not to call him Mags. "I-it does s-sound like an o-old w-woman name." he admitted softly. At the mention of his name being from the book, he tilted his head for a moment and said, "M-maybe. My mom used t-to read that book t-to me a lot wh-when I was y-younger and I-I was kinda l-like the d-dog in the b-book..."