Relinquut Corpus Meum - An Advanced Roleplay discussion

N. American White Lotus Branch > orientation room

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 560 comments Mod
This room is where all the Purgo are briefed in their home, and life. They are to interact with one another, as well as Expurgets and Emundans that are free.

message 2: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 466 comments Mod
Neculai Zarin Lowery, or Necu as he much preferred going by, was more than surprised to see that he was not late to the meeting that was supposed to be going on in the room. Seeing as how no one else was there just yet, he decided he'd take full advantage of that and moved to a small corner of the room before curling up and promptly passing out. He'd woken up mid-nap when he'd remembered the meeting but hey, if it hadn't started yet he saw no reason why he couldn't go back to sleep. He pulled his jacket up and over him after slipping his hands free of the sleeves, tucked his head under his arm and dozed off again, looking much like a cat with how he'd curled up for his nap.

message 3: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

It was merely time to get this over with. These kids, most of them at least, would be dead before the month was up. Lachlan knew that as well as anyone else. He'd seen it countless times; the confidence that evaporated in the face of danger. The fear that took them before their final moments. It was like watching the same old horror movie on repeat, with no reprieve.

He stood, quite stoically, by the door. Once this was over, he'd be out before anyone really noticed him. And by noticed, he meant didn't attempt to start some sort of conversation with him. The less he had to worry about, the better. Getting acquainted with people was just bound to get him attached, and he didn't want to have to deal with scrubbing his conscience clean when they died, like all the rest.

Truthfully, he found this whole cause to be a slow funeral procession, each new recruit another step to the end. A sigh left his lips as one aforementioned recruit strolled towards him, to which he gave them a pointedly intimidating look. Daisy, as per usual, followed suit in a soft growl of warning before the recruit steered in the opposite direction.

message 4: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

A grunt of annoyance at the sound of a growl that stirred him from his slumber was followed by a rumpled looking Neculai poking his head out from beneath his jacket with eyes half closed as he took in the people starting to gather. His gaze landed on the male he assumed the growl came from, either that or his animal companion. He squinted at the male for a long moment, trying to decide if he should bother saying anything at all, but exhaustion won out and with another yawn, he retreated beneath his jacket to return to his nap.

message 5: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Feeling eyes on him, Lachlan turned to see a rather inked up new face. A new recruit, by the looks of him. And he seemed entirely nonchalant about the fact that he'd be read the terms of his new life, and the death that would inevitably follow, during this orientation. To be frank, he found it every bit annoying. But he wasn't about to anything about it.

Daisy, however, had other plans. It seemed that no matter how well trained she was, she had a mind of her own. Lachlan watched as she trotted over to the recruit, head cocked to the side and gaze expectant as she watched him.

message 6: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Neculai found himself unable to return to sleep when the dog approached, and he peered out at the animal crossly, the jacket still covering part of his head, eyes heavy lidded with sleep. "What?" he drawled drowsily. "You want a treat or something? I don't have any food..." Or did he? He had a horrible habit of slipping food into his pockets to snack on later, and more often then not he forgot about the food until the next time he put his hands in his pockets. At least he normally only put things like packages of crackers, granola bars or fruit snacks in his pockets, stuff that didn't exactly go bad easily or quickly, cause sometimes it was a day or two before he would poke his hands curiously into his pockets wondering why there was a bulge. His hands moved to pat his pockets and he pulled out a granola bar. Eyeing it, he glanced at the dog and said, "Did you want this?"

message 7: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Daisy knew full well that she wasn't supposed to be eating things from anyone other than those that Lachlan had specified. One of the perks of her being so smart was not having to watch after her at all times. Lachlan stared at her for a moment, as she turned her head to look back at him, before she gave a soft bark in answer to the recruit's question.

message 8: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (last edited Jan 15, 2016 07:54AM) (new)

Neculai huffed when she barked. "I'm afraid I don't speak dog." he said, sounding drowsy. When she looked back at another guy, he lifted his head a little to look at him as well. Figuring the guy was her owner, he said, "Is she allowed to have a piece of granola bar? It doesn't have any chocolate or anything."

message 9: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Lachlan gave Daisy a solid glare, to which she looked away from . Instead, she offered up a cocking of her head and large eyed staring at the recruit and the granola bar. Her tail wagged softly, short bursts of frantic movement. Sighing, Lachlan was aware that she'd start her begging as she did with most of the soldiers when they had food. "Yeah, she can," he stated.

message 10: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Neculai yawned and scrubbed at his eyes as he sat up more to unwrap the granola bar after the other guy said it was alright for her to have some. He pulled off a piece of the bar and offered it to the dog, taking a bite for himself shortly after before he looked up at the guy again. Figuring an introduction was likely in order if he was gonna sit here and feed the other guys dog, he said, "My name's Neculai, by the way."

message 11: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

He didn't need to know that.

Lachlan had never had any intention of remembering this kid's name, much like he didn't with a lot of the new recruits. They would be gone soon, anyways; what would be the point? It'd just be another name for another corpse on another day. A useless remembrance of the mortality of this group of brave, or idiotic, band of people that fought demons, for Christ's sake.

"Lachlan," he replied after a moment before nodding to the dog, "That's Daisy."

message 12: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Neculai took another bite of the granola bar before moving to give the last of it to Daisy, as he learned the dogs name was. He glanced up at Lachlan and smirked at the idea of saying nice to meet you. At a place like this, you were just as likely to be saying hi and good-bye in the same day as you were to work beside someone for any amount of time. He shifted to sit upright more and stretched out his hand, letting Daisy sniff his fingers before moving to pet her, not that he would care if he bit her. At least he'd feel something besides the anger that clouds his soul whenever he see's a demon. He huffed, forcing himself to not pay attention to the thought as he said, "I'd say nice to meet you but that would be a stupid thing to say. Making your acquaintance, however temporary, is interesting....I think that might be a better thing to say..." he decided.

message 13: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

"You wouldn't be wrong," Lachlan stated, blinking slowly, "Your stay here will probably be brief."

It wasn't that Lachlan had doubts about the capabilities of the purgo. Okay, maybe he had more than a few, but they weren't many. But it was mostly just their luck he had concerns for. One could say that part of all this work, the ability to make it back into this room after the next week, had to do more with luck than actual skill. If you were paired with someone who would be able to protect you and themselves, you could count yourself lucky. If it were just you they could keep alive, than that could be even better; you'd have one more reason to want to kill every last demon to curse the face of the earth. But it was also a matter of what the person you worked with was capable of. If they had an artifact that could be used by all, in terms of defense or offense, survival was almost certain.

Daisy wasted no time in devouring the small bit of granola she'd been give. Her thumped against the leg of a chair as she licked her chops one last time, and looked up again at Neculai, as if asking for more. She pressed her nose against fingers before he pet her, letting out a soft sound of reluctance as he did so.

message 14: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

"Damn, the purgo's in this place are unlucky as hell to get that kind of greeting." Neculai commented, his brow quirked in either amusement or disbelief, it was hard to tell. He patted his pockets down, trying to see if he had anything else to give her when another granola bar fell from his jacket pocket when it shifted on him. "Oh, there it is, I knew I had more than one." he said after a moment, moving his hand from her to pick it up and unwrap it. He tore it in half this time and offered her half of it, eating the rest himself. He figured he shouldn't pet her much, had in fact just only really given her a pat on the head. She was probably one of those animals with an artifact put in them and he figured that probably was not a good idea to pet a dog who could do who knows what if they decided not to like him anymore.

message 15: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Lachlan said nothing in response, just a brow raised for a moment before his expression returned to its usual sour alignment. Daisy wasted no time in devouring the granola bar part given to her, nose already working to find more of the treat. He could see the reluctance to pet her often that Neculai displayed, and sighed. "She's normal," he stated, as if to say she wasn't a special kind of animal. There were only few cases that the animals had been imbued with Artifacts, and most of those were attributed to soldiers of higher ranks.

"You can pet her."

message 16: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

"Oh, cool. I've heard that usually the animals around here have an artifact in them so I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to pet her or not." Neculai grinned as he spoke, shifting so he could pet her and scratch her behind the ears. "So, are the Purgo's around this place really that unlucky?" he asked after a moment. "I'm just curious, I mean I didn't entirely choose to sign up for this or whatever, I'm just kinda here for....personal reasons or whatever."

message 17: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

"There is always a choice to be here," Lachlan stated, expression darkening. That was the thing that would probably get most of the Purgo in the room killed; a half-assed conviction to be here. While they were busy twiddling their thumbs and trying to come up with reasons to stay, someone else would be busy trying to save their asses. And that didn't always go according to plan. "And not all animals here have been tested on. It's not often that you see an animal with an artifact in it. And those usually go to the Expurget and council members."

message 18: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (last edited Feb 22, 2016 07:01AM) (new)

"Not when you've got nothing to go back to." Neculai muttered darkly to himself, his own expression darkening. Lachlan had probably been here too long to realize that, he thought to himself. It didn't matter though. He was here for one reason only anyways, to get revenge on the demons who murdered his family. Anything outside of that he couldn't care less. He leaned against the wall as he looked Lachlan up and down for a moment before looking at Daisy and continuing to pet her. "Reasons for being here or not being here are not really relevant when you're in a fight against one of those bastards anyways." he said, a little louder so Lachlan could hear him.

message 19: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

[ I apologize in advance for Lachlan being an insensitive shit ]
"You might think that they aren't, but that are," he stated indifferently, eyes narrowing. Every reason played a role in what happened out there. Your preparation and motivation all came back to why you were here. It didn't matter that you'd thought it was the right thing to do, or that you had nothing else. Lachlan had a choice, much like everyone else. There were likely other things that he could have done with his life other than fight for the Lotus after he turned eighteen, but here he still was. It was ingrained in him, part of him. This was his home, even if he could go out there and make his own.

"Your reasons decide whether you live or die."

message 20: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

((lol XD its all good~ Neculai's not much better))

Neculai rolled his eyes. "How exactly does the reason you choose to be in this stupid ass place decide whether you live or die? Wouldn't something a little more relevant affect whether or not you live? Like, Oh I don't know, skill? Combat training? The artifacts people make such a big deal about that we're supposed to use to fight them and our ability to utilize them?" he huffed, finding it almost amusing that this guy was clearly deluded if he really thought something so ridiculous.