Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Looking for Proofreading for 98K word Crime Thriller

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mitchell | 16 comments I'm looking for proofreading for my 98K word crime thriller, titled Who You Work For. Reclusive hitman Thomas Moore is offered one final job which involves killing the mayor of a small town. The trouble is that Moore has only killed the guilty and the mayor may or may not be guilty of murder. This job forces Moore to live amongst people and makes him question everything his father has ever taught him.

message 2: by HKelleyB (new)

HKelleyB (hkelleyb-editor) | 28 comments Hey Anthony:

FYI: Proofreading should be the last step before publishing.

Has your story been Beta Read? Edited? Are you sure you are ready for a proofreader?

Helen(HKelleyB)
Editor, Proofreader, Beta Reader

message 3: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (drumgenie) | 158 comments Hey Anthony,

I second what Helen said. Your best bet would be to have your novel beta read at least once by a team of readers, just not one. Then, once you have made any changes to the story, you should look into content editing. Once that is done, then you would be ready for proofreading.
However, I do offer all of those services and I am currently running a special for December. Check it out, I'd love to talk more with you about where you are in the publishing process!
http://silviasreading.webs.com/

Silvia

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Mitchell | 16 comments HKelleyB wrote: "Hey Anthony:

FYI: Proofreading should be the last step before publishing.

Has your story been Beta Read? Edited? Are you sure you are ready for a proofreader?

Helen(HKelleyB)
Editor, Proofreade..."

Yes, it has been beta read seven times. I am happy with the story but I just want to make sure the grammar and punctuation are correct.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I could help you with that part :-)

www.its-your-story.weebly.com

Take a look :-)