Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

Book Discussion - Non BotM > Cowboy bebop - the book?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian | 2 comments I've always loved Cowboy Bebop's combination of sci-fi, noir og and western elements.

I know the show's episodic nature allows for a very diverse kind of genre blending but still I'm hopefull. Hopefull that some of you can suggest some books that resemble the show more than the obvious and yet dissatisfying choices like "Do androids dream om electric sheep" and so on.

I honestly wouldn't mind if an author had copy pasted large parts of the setting, and had a go at it.

message 2: by Rinn, Captain of the SSV Normandy (new)

Rinn (rinnsohma) | 3456 comments Mod
Hmm, well if you want some Western type novels with a SFF element, then try Retribution Falls or The Six-Gun Tarot :)

message 3: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3543 comments Mod
The Incorruptibles by John Joseph Horner is quite a good fantasy western mashup as well

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew I would second both Retribution Falls and Six-Gun Tarot!

Adding The Incorruptibles to my to-read list now, thanks!

message 5: by Paul, A wanderer in unknown realms (new)

Paul | 3543 comments Mod
Sequel just came out as well so if you like it theres a follow up

message 6: by Lancer, Warden of the Slums (new)

Lancer (elancer) | 1666 comments Mod
Haha Andrew I also added the incorruptible to my list as soon as I read Paul's comment.

I'm gonna jump in on recommending Retribution Falls for the 874th time. That whole series was fantastic and needs to be reread soon.

message 7: by Andrew (new)

Andrew haha I actually still have the 4th book to read! They're important to read in order, but also fairly standalone, so I don't feel anxious to see a cliffhanger resolved. I like that it's sitting there on my peripheral, ready to pick up when I'm in between other stuff I've been meaning tackle :)

message 8: by Christian (new)

Christian | 2 comments Hey guys, thank you for all your suggestions, they look
interesting.