Kenyons Minions discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Christmas Tree Contest!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (last edited Dec 11, 2015 12:28PM) (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Hello Minions! =)

As part of our holiday festivities this year, we have decided to bring back the Christmas tree contest (which previously ran back in 2013). The prize will be a $5 Amazon gift card. =)

So what do you need to do, to enter? Just post a picture here, in this thread, of your Christmas tree (or your Christmas decorations). If you need help posting a pic, please myself (Charlotte) or Dhfan4life know, and we can help you out. =)

So, here are the rules:
-There will be only one entry per person, but you can post as many pictures as you like.

-The winner will be chosen on December 31, 2015 and will be announced in this thread, along with instructions to claim your prize.

-This contest is for members of Kenyon's Minions only. Moderators may participate, but cannot enter the contest.

-This contest is about spreading goodwill and cheer, so have fun! =) And feel free to comment on the entries.

message 2: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments yay! I'll join up and post soon XD

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments I'll post mine Friday when I have a little more time.

message 4: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments So ... just for fun, I thought I'd share a pic of the Christmas tree we put up this year. XD

Yes ... yes, we did. We put up a Charlie Brown type of tree. XD

description

For the last couple of years, we've been afraid to put up our full-size tree for fear of the dog trying to eat it, so I bought a mini tree to put up in the meantime. And we had just finished watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" when my husband had the idea of recreating the tree in the program. =) My son provided the single Christmas ornament, and my husband extracted our daughter's baby blanket from its hiding spot for the base. (She's 17 now, so she hasn't missed the blanket for quite some time, lol.)

What makes the blanket so appropriate for this, was that when my daughter was very young, she dragged her blanket everywhere with her, prompting my husband to start calling her "Linus". =)

Oh yeah ... the pile of fur on the left, behind the tree, is our dog Shelby (lab mix of some sort), and the cat on the counter is Oliver. =)

message 5: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Awww, that is too precious and love the story to go along with it, Charlotte. :)

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments Here's our living room tree. I hope...

photo IMG_20151206_175822.jpg

And this is the dining room tree.

photo IMG_20151211_161834.jpg

message 7: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Wow, have room for two trees? And do I see a Disney theme for the dining room tree there. Very nice Rachel. :)

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments Yup, we do. No Disney theme, but there are a lot of Disney ornaments on it. We don't do theme trees, really. Every ornament means something. I'm sharing some of my favorites on my author FB page and Twitter.

message 9: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 130 comments Love the Charlie Brown tree Charlotte :D The blanket and the ornament is just soo sweet.

I can't zoom the pix of your trees to see each ornament, Rachel, but they look fun and colorful. They remind me of our trees growing up :D So beautiful!

I am bad.. I still have to put my tree up. My mini is starting to get worried..lol Hopefully when I get to it, I can join in the fun here ;)

Dee

message 10: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Aw, thanks for the comments, y'all. =)

Rachel, those trees are beautiful. I especially like the living room tree. =)

And no worries, BookPusher. The contest runs until the 31st of this month. ;)

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments Thanks! We have so many ornaments, and we get more every year. Both trees are as full as they can be, and we still didn't get them all on.

message 12: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Wow. Is there like a tradition of passing the ornaments down or just one to get a new set each year? That is really awesome Rachel.

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments My mom gets us all Hallmark ornaments every year, and she buys all the National Lampoon ones. My dad has every Star Trek ship Hallmark has produced. We get an ornament from every place we visit. We make them, we each get one from Mamaw every year.

Some of them are family heirlooms. We have a bunch one of my great-aunts made, and a few that are mementos of a great-great-grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party. There are quite a few from Central America, my sister's trips to Europe.

There are also a lot of doctor ornaments because my dad's a doctor. Mama collects black and white cows, so there's a lot of cows. I have a lot of Little Mermaid and cat ornaments.

I can give someone a tour of our family history just by pointing out ornaments on our trees.

message 14: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Very cool and very creative too.

Side note too for those into playing Bingo games. There is one up for CON in the Fun and Games folder. And Amazon Gift Card is in the works.

message 15: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Oh, that is so cool, Rachel! I love ornaments with history to them! =)

Also, I think my husband would be extremely jealous of your dad's Star Trek ornaments. XD

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments There are six just in this view of the tree, but I'm probably the only one who can see them since I hung them up... The gray squarey blob on the living room tree about a third down from the top is a Borg cube. It plugs into the light strand and says "We are the Borg. Enjoy your holidays. Resistance is futile."

message 17: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments finalllyyyy able to post x.x and sorry in advance for the bad color quality in the image. my phone was giving me issues e.e

message 18: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Charlotte wrote: "So ... just for fun, I thought I'd share a pic of the Christmas tree we put up this year. XD

Yes ... yes, we did. We put up a Charlie Brown type of tree. XD

For the last couple of years, we've ..."

omg i luv charlie brown trees XD! one day when i was at the car dealership waiting for an oil change i overheard a lady saying she collects them LOL

message 19: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments btw! all the christmas tree pics are cute. hope more ppl join in ^.^. LOL itd be cool to see an ig acct just for christmas tree photos posted to the group XD

message 20: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Rachel wrote: "My mom gets us all Hallmark ornaments every year, and she buys all the National Lampoon ones. My dad has every Star Trek ship Hallmark has produced. We get an ornament from every place we visit. We..."

ur fam sounds like mine rachel XD. christmas time is great as long as u just ignore the annoying stressful parts of it haha

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments Very pretty, Amaya.

We're doing things simple this year. The most stressful thing about Christmas for us is the situation one of my brothers has created--entirely on his own and he has the power to fix and refuses. So we go on our merry way and try to ignore him while he stews and frets.

message 22: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Rachel wrote: "Very pretty, Amaya.

We're doing things simple this year. The most stressful thing about Christmas for us is the situation one of my brothers has created--entirely on his own and he has the power t..."

thanks ^.^.

tbh sometimes simple is the way to go really. oh noes :/ hope it all gets better. heres to a happy christmas day tho -cheers- ^.^

message 23: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments That's a whole lotta tree sis, lol. But it looks great. :)

message 24: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments LOL its bc its in the living room and we have a really high ceiling in there. and thanks XD

message 25: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh I totally saw the ladder there. Definitely would need a little pick me up to reach the top of the tree.

And speaking of ornaments and such. The funeral home peeps that we used when momz passed, actually came over Saturday and dropped off an angel for the top of a Christmas tree. I still can't believe how thorough they have been with outreach and such.

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Smith (rlsauthor) | 626 comments Said brother lives almost four hours away, and it'll be months before I see him again.

message 27: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments Ooooooooh, that's a gorgeous tree, Amaya! =)

message 28: by Amaya (last edited Dec 14, 2015 08:34AM) (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "Oh I totally saw the ladder there. Definitely would need a little pick me up to reach the top of the tree.

And speaking of ornaments and such. The funeral home peeps that we used when momz passed..."

ooooh thtas a little elf ladder that my dad built. it might be older than me LOL. idk if thats the original one or not :s. weve had a few.

dude thats so nice and awesome O_O. that was really sweet of them. and ikr it is shocking

message 29: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Rachel wrote: "Said brother lives almost four hours away, and it'll be months before I see him again."

it sounds like ure in the clear then rachel loll

message 30: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Charlotte wrote: "Ooooooooh, that's a gorgeous tree, Amaya! =)"

thanks charlotte! we usually have more than one tree up but the other one was ready for the dump unfortunately e.e

message 31: by Namita (new)

Namita  | 396 comments Here is mine: A Snow Covered Cypress which my 6 yr old son helped decorate.

description

message 32: by Amaya (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Namita wrote: "Here is mine: A Snow Covered Cypress which my 6 yr old son helped decorate.

"

thats so cute namita!

message 33: by Namita (new)

Namita  | 396 comments Thanks Amaya. It's full of Ninja Turtles, police cars, bugs bunny, angry bird and so on and so fourth...lol

Plus not forgetting the decorations he makes at school.

message 34: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Haha, looks like your tree is well decked out and actioned up for the holidays Namita. :)

message 35: by Amaya (last edited Dec 15, 2015 08:08PM) (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Namita wrote: "Thanks Amaya. It's full of Ninja Turtles, police cars, bugs bunny, angry bird and so on and so fourth...lol

Plus not forgetting the decorations he makes at school."

yw! LOL dude thats so adorable XD

message 36: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments That is one cute tree, Namita! =)

message 37: by Namita (new)

Namita  | 396 comments Thank you ladies.

message 38: by Namita (new)

Namita  | 396 comments I can't see the image Tamye.

message 39: by Tamye (new)

Tamye Whitener | 14 comments Namita wrote: "I can't see the image Tamye."

I couldn't get it to post. I kept getting image error.

message 40: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Tamye wrote: "Namita wrote: "I can't see the image Tamye."

I couldn't get it to post. I kept getting image error."

Maybe you have some spaces somewhere when you put it into the html brackets?

message 41: by Tamye (last edited Dec 23, 2015 05:51PM) (new)

Tamye Whitener | 14 comments Trying one more time. I keep getting an image error. I'll try tomorrow. I've still fighting the remnants of a migraine. Too much to deal with to figure out what I am doing wrong.

[image error]

message 42: by Amaya (last edited Dec 23, 2015 05:52PM) (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments how are u posting it? what src are u using rather

message 43: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hmm. Could you post the direct link you have the pic uploaded to? Maybe that would work.

message 44: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 9 comments I would like to share some pictures of my owl themed Christmas decorations but I don't know how. I am doing good to be able to upload pictures to Facebook, lol.

message 45: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Isn't there a direct link that can be used from Face book to post images on other sites? Can use that and then click on some HTML is ok(above the post box) and look to wear it says to post a image. You copy and past all of that after the : symbol and where you see it has the web address, you take out the one for GR and put in the direct link to your picture in there. And you resize it based on the width and the height numbers. Usually 200 to 400 for both works pretty good.

message 46: by Amaya (last edited Dec 24, 2015 09:01AM) (new)

Amaya | 1746 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "Isn't there a direct link that can be used from Face book to post images on other sites? Can use that and then click on some HTML is ok(above the post box) and look to wear it says to post a image...."

yup most websites have direct links

and omg LOL i didnt even know u could do that on goodreads -dead- i usually just insert the html manually if not using direct links only

message 47: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Amaya wrote: "Dhfan4life wrote: "Isn't there a direct link that can be used from Face book to post images on other sites? Can use that and then click on some HTML is ok(above the post box) and look to wear it sa..."

See I told you that you knew more than I do on computer stuff. Knowing the back door ways, lol.

message 48: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new)

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments LOL, Amaya. XD Yup, you can certainly do the copy/paste thing from the "some HTML is okay". =)

Tamye and Tina, if you still have trouble posting images after following DHfan's suggestions, by all means feel free to post just the direct links to the pics, and one of us can then post the resulting image. =)

Now I'm quite intrigued to see these pics. ;)

message 49: by Manuela (last edited Dec 24, 2015 10:39PM) (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Last minute Christmas tree decoration.

message 50: by Manuela (last edited Dec 24, 2015 10:49PM) (new)

Manuela (manu21) | 2559 comments Here are some details

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.