What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Teenage girl bullied about her weight, Young adult fiction chapter book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina | 1 comments Hello! I am looking for a book I read years ago. It is about a teenage girl struggling with her weight. After being teased by her classmates (her classmates say "safety" every time she walks by them), a teacher of hers finally gives her advice on making healthy choices. She gives her makeup and gives her advice on styling her hair. The teenage girl in the story is very smart and is moved to more advanced classes. I believe it is an English class. The story ends with her mother and her driving in a car because they are moving to a new town. I believe the teenager's favorite song comes on the radio and the song is something about a Native American with the word Red in the name. I remember early in the story the young girl is at the beach with her mother and she sees girls from school and is envious of them.The main character also always wore a yellow sweat shirt. I am a little hazy on the details but it was a great story when I was younger.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 09, 2015 12:54PM) (new)

Kris | 32130 comments Mod
Gina, can you add a description (and genre) to your Topic header? This will help others. If you're on the desktop site, click "Edit" near the top beside your header.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Gina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Gina, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.