Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Book Thief
This topic is about The Book Thief
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > The Book Thief by Markus Zusak → Start Date: December 9, 2015

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Join me and Marybeth as we read The Book Thief.

Clementine | 901 comments I may join you on Friday for this one. I had meant to re-read it for a while. ^_^

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I want to join this one so badly but it's the wrong timing for me. :o(

message 4: by Matty (new) - added it

Matty | 475 comments I might join in on this read:o lol

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Vicki wrote: "I want to join this one so badly but it's the wrong timing for me. :o("

I'm sorry Vicki! If you can, we would love you to join us!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Matty wrote: "I might join in on this read:o lol"

I hope that you can join us!

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Clementine wrote: "I may join you on Friday for this one. I had meant to re-read it for a while. ^_^"

Hope you enjoy the re-read!

Clementine | 901 comments @Vicki: I'll probably read it slower since I'm not going to read it in English (I feel like my German needs some practice lol), so I may be hanging around here for a while. You have time to join me in fact :)

Clementine | 901 comments @Matty: Yeah, Matty! :D

@Anna: Thank you! :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I don't think that I will be able to start this tonight. I will probably be able to start this tomorrow though.

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "I don't think that I will be able to start this tonight. I will probably be able to start this tomorrow though."

I haven't done much reading Today either. I am hoping to make some progress tomorrow and Friday since i will have some free time though. :)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Clementine wrote: "@Vicki: I'll probably read it slower since I'm not going to read it in English (I feel like my German needs some practice lol), so I may be hanging around here for a while. You have time to join me..."

That sounds good to me. :o)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I just read the prologue, and I am confused.
(view spoiler)

I am going to keep reading, and then maybe I will be less confused.

Clementine | 901 comments Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "I just read the prologue, and I am confused..."

I just finished the prologue too!

Yes, that's it, Anna. :) (view spoiler)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Clementine wrote: "Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) wrote: "I just read the prologue, and I am confused..."

I just finished the prologue too!

Yes, that's it, Anna. :) [spoilers removed]"

That makes sense! I am around page 55 right now (view spoiler)

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments I was a little confused at first by what was going on but once I got into the story It was really good. I also had a hard time with the writing style but it got a little easier as I went through the story. :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Finished part one...
(view spoiler)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I think that I'm going to put this book down. It's not a bad book, but I'm just not in the mood for it right now. I will pick it up again, but right now I'm just not in the mood for it. I have a lot of books that I am hoping to read, and I would rather not sped time reading books that I am just not in the mood for. I hope that everybody else enjoys it though! :)

Kristina | 12 comments I'm listening to it on Audio book and I definitely think its easier to listen to than read. It did take a minute to get into but I it's great to listen to. I'm enjoying the story. I would say I'm about 60% through.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) That's a great idea! I will definitely try that out. Thanks for the suggestion! :)