You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main 2021 > Quick Access to 2016 Individuals' Links

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jun 21, 2016 07:58AM) (new)

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9420 comments Thank you Janice!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Thanks for doing this again Janice!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Big help, thanks!!!!

message 6: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments I also place a link to my yearly challenge and reading plan threads in my own GR profile - makes things a bit easier for me.

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments That's a great idea, Sarah!

message 8: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2786 comments Love this thread. I used this year's so much.

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 529 comments Can you add me please? :)

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9420 comments I've done the same the last couple of years, Sarah. I have my wall of fame there too. :)

message 11: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Deborah wrote: "Can you add me please? :)"

Added

message 12: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments Sandra wrote: "I've done the same the last couple of years, Sarah. I have my wall of fame there too. :)"

Never thought of putting my wall of fame link there - good idea!

message 14: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Sandra wrote: "I've done the same the last couple of years, Sarah. I have my wall of fame there too. :)"

Great idea!

message 15: by Beth (new)

Beth (eparks4232) | 1875 comments Can you add me too?

message 16: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Beth wrote: "Can you add me too?"

I added it under Phillybeth.

message 17: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1827 comments Sarah wrote: "I also place a link to my yearly challenge and reading plan threads in my own GR profile - makes things a bit easier for me."

Sarah, I really like this idea, but can't figure out how to do it. Can you give me a tutorial?
Thank you!

message 18: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2429 comments Hi Janice - could you please add me -- link https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 19: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments Lori Z wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I also place a link to my yearly challenge and reading plan threads in my own GR profile - makes things a bit easier for me."

Sarah, I really like this idea, but can't figure out how..."

First open up your challenge thread and copy the url in the search bar at the top. Then go to your profile page, click on "edit profile" next to the page title and it will open your profile up for editing. In the bit where you write the blurb about you, copy the link in to there. I've used link tags (a href) so that instead of seeing the long url, you just see the name of the challenge. I hope that makes sense.

message 20: by Lori Z (new)

Lori Z | 1827 comments Sarah wrote: "Lori Z wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I also place a link to my yearly challenge and reading plan threads in my own GR profile - makes things a bit easier for me."

Sarah, I really like this idea, but can't..."

It made perfect sense, Sarah, I was able to set it up. Thank you!

message 21: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Lilisa wrote: "Hi Janice - could you please add me -- link https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Done

message 22: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2429 comments Janice wrote: "Lilisa wrote: "Hi Janice - could you please add me -- link https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Done"

Thanks a ton Janice!

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Bilney | 288 comments I've set up my reporting thread. Can't wait to get started! https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 24: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments You're added, Amanda.

message 25: by Jean (new)

Jean How do I set up my reporting thread? Thanks!

message 26: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments At the top of this page, click on the "Challenges: Year Long". It will take you to the entire folder.

Right above "last activity" (to the left of the group's avatar), click on the link "new topic", then follow the instructions. Personalize the title. Just make sure you include your name in the title.

message 27: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Your link has been added, Manda.

message 28: by Elinaly (new)

Elinaly | 113 comments Please add me, thank you!
Folder named: Elinaly geocaching 2016

message 29: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Added Elinaly

message 30: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Nice touch Janice! thank you :-)

message 31: by Louise (new)

message 32: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments You've been added Louise.

message 33: by Carla (new)

Carla | 244 comments I think I finally figured it out. Please add me and thank you!

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 34: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments You're added Carla! Have fun.

message 35: by Tamula (new)

Tamula Please add me, too!

message 36: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Tamula wrote: "Please add me, too!"

I will, but you need to set up your personal thread so that I can link to it.

message 37: by Tejas Janet (last edited Jan 20, 2016 11:16PM) (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Janice, i thought of a name finally that i like much better for this year long challenge. I'm having difficullty providing the updated link on my tablet. I'll try again tomorrow on my pc.

message 38: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments I looked, TJ and the link doesn't change, just the title changed so I edited it accordingly.

message 39: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Tamula wrote: "Please add me, too!"

Oh, Tamula! Where did you disappear to? I've been watching for your personal thread and I haven't seen you around. If you need help with it, please let me know.

message 40: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Janice wrote: "I looked, TJ and the link doesn't change, just the title changed so I edited it accordingly."

Thank you, Janice.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Janice- Could you please add my link? Thanks in advance. :)

message 42: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments Beat you to it! It's already been added. :)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Janice wrote: "Beat you to it! It's already been added. :)"

Wow, you are good!! :)

message 44: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments I was online when you were setting up your thread, so I quickly added it.

message 45: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1650 comments I have just recently joined the group. Better late than never to get started on this challenge! I wish I had started on January 1, I could be well on my way by now. Oh well, eight months should still be plenty of time, right? I have set up my page here:

Janice, what a fantastic challenge! It must have been so much fun (and taken so long) to develop this.

message 46: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19984 comments Welcome, TrudyAn. I like your optimism. "eight months should still be plenty of time, right?" snicker. (I am still looking for books, but it should be enough time to read 12 or 18 books, depending on what level you are going for.) :)

message 47: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48726 comments TrudyAn wrote: "I have just recently joined the group. Better late than never to get started on this challenge! I wish I had started on January 1, I could be well on my way by now. Oh well, eight months should sti..."

I've added your link to message 1 so that you can quickly and easily find your thread.

It did take me a while to put the challenge together, and yes, it was fun. I hope you enjoy it.

message 48: by TrudyAn (new)

TrudyAn | 1650 comments Cherie wrote: "Welcome, TrudyAn. I like your optimism. "eight months should still be plenty of time, right?" snicker. (I am still looking for books, but it should be enough time to read 12 or 18 books, depending ..."

Completing 18 would be great, but 12 is probably more realistic, as I have lots of other books I want to read. I am having fun searching my book shelves - so many books I forgot I had!

message 49: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19984 comments I have finished enough books by now, but they are all over the world, as far as tasks go. I've only managed to finish three in the same spot. It doesn't bother me. There is plenty of time.
:0). I really need to finish fixing my lists.

I've already added one of your book titles to my TBR list. The book with the girl with synesthesia looks good.

message 50: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Pickstone | 529 comments Which one is that, Cherie? I have synesthesia (a bonus not a complaint!) and would find it interesting to read it.

« previous 1

You'll love this one...!! A book club & more

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Astonishing Splashes of Colour (other topics)