Christian Readers discussion

Recommended reading

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yari (new)

Yari (yarigriffithsgmailcom) | 4 comments I just want to share books I've read and consider life changing. Please share your favorites!
The Relationship Principles of Jesus by Tom Holladay
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
Ordering Your Private World by Gordan MacDonald
All In by Mark Batterson

message 2: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 2 comments Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman had a huge impact on my life and someone else I gave a copy to. I recommend it for all women, especially young adults.

message 3: by Yari (new)

Yari (yarigriffithsgmailcom) | 4 comments Teresa, I added that book to my list. thank you! It reminds me of a book I've read and give to all my newly married friends. 'For Women Only' by Shaunti Feldhahn. Practical book full of wisdom!

message 4: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 2 comments I'll have to check that one out. I hadn't heard of it before.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Lampros | 19 comments Here's a good YA novella: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 6: by Yari (new)

Yari (yarigriffithsgmailcom) | 4 comments Thank you Robert! I added it to my list.

message 7: by Edmund (last edited May 10, 2016 02:52PM) (new)

Edmund Young | 1 comments History of the Apocalypse was like a revelation to me. Although this book is pure history, yet it is better than many stories I have read before. I jumped straight to the chapter dedicated to America, and after I finished the chapter I decided that I have to read it all from the start. While reading it I often felt like: "What the... !?" But I've checked many events mentioned in the book and I found all of them to be true. I recommend it to anyone who wants to find a completely new and interesting point of view regarding the Christian religion, the history of Christianity and the idea of the end of the world.

message 8: by Yari (new)

Yari (yarigriffithsgmailcom) | 4 comments I am actually studying the book of Revelation. I'm starting with a video series available on youtube with Randy White, except I don't know who the guy is or even what he believes but I couldn't find anything else. I'm praying to be able to just take the good and quickly recognize the wheat from the chaff. Thank you for the book recommendation! It may be what I need.