Perustopia Book Club discussion

What's your favorite love interest?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Kendrick Personally, I hate love triangles. I like to know from the beginning that a certain two people will fall for each other. My favorite love interests are Clary & Jace (TMI), Rose & Dimitri (TVA), and Daemon & Kat (Lux). What are some on yours?

message 2: by Deb (new)

Deb (dlmetzler) | 0 comments There are a lot of great couples out there, but my favorite to date is Odd and Stormy (Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz).

message 3: by Mahra (new)

Mahra (passionist) | 92 comments Iove interests? okay hear me out here.

Not everyone can write a page-flipping love triangle but I have to bow for Cassandra Clare when she wrote the Infernal Devices (still haven't read the last book yet)

But what I love the most is when two characters have those huge obstacles that separate them from being together.
Like maybe he's black and poor and she's rich and white and it's THE SIXTIES! Racism issues and class issues and stuff like that but the two fight to be with each other regardless!

Or when the two characters are from different countries and culture and one or both families are strict but they both have to fight those cultural/family obstacles to be together.

Lastly if anyone read books that has similar plots please do RECOMMEND ME ASAP!

message 4: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Kendrick You should try The Winner's Curse. It's about this gilt whose grown up in a high class society and about this buy whose a slave. He is bought by her and slowing they start to fall for each other but they know they can't be together. Her father, and their society, wouldn't allow it.

message 5: by Mahra (new)

Mahra (passionist) | 92 comments Oh my !! I have this book literally and i haven't unwrapped it Yet!!!! OMG THIS WINTER BREAK WILL BE AMAZING! Thank you for the recommendation!

Aimal (The Devils We Find) (aimalfarooq) Chaol and Celaena 5ever

message 7: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Kendrick No problem. It's such a great book.

message 8: by Aleshia (new)

Aleshia (madscibrarian) Deborah wrote: "There are a lot of great couples out there, but my favorite to date is Odd and Stormy (Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz)."

I haven't read the books but I saw the movie and they were an adorable couple in the movie!

message 9: by Huslen (new)

Huslen | 45 comments Alec and Magnus

message 10: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Kendrick Huslen wrote: "Alec and Magnus"

I love them together, but it breaks my heart bc I know it'll never last.

message 11: by Melisa (new)

Melisa (herondalehavilliard) Will&Tessa (The Infernal Devices),
Dorian&Celaena (Throne Of Glass),
Adrian&Syndey (Bloodlines),
Liam&Ruby (The Darkest Minds)

message 12: by Nadia (new)

Nadia | 11 comments Will and Tessa, Daemon and Katy, Thorne and Cress
and Scarlet and Wolf

message 13: by Nicolmaric (new)

Nicolmaric | 109 comments Entienne St. Clair and Anna ( Anna and the French Kiss)

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 67 comments I enjoy reading about love triangles and like to find out who the people who in the end.

message 15: by coeur de samurai (new)

coeur de samurai (coeurdesamurai) | 71 comments I enjoy love triangle when it is a good one but I have the tendency to ignore books with love triangle because it's often terrible to read. Therefore, I love star-crossed lovers stories or dangerous love like Blue and Ganseeeeeey, I mean when literally kissing the boy you love will kill him you know.

message 16: by Deb (new)

Deb (dlmetzler) | 0 comments Aleshia wrote: "Deborah wrote: "There are a lot of great couples out there, but my favorite to date is Odd and Stormy (Odd Thomas series - Dean Koontz)."

I haven't read the books but I saw the movie and they were..."

Yep! Books are even better ;)

message 17: by Nerea (new)

Nerea Murillet (cockle) | 1 comments i love those kind of relationships that come after a long time friendship, oooh I can't handle those

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurajayne74) Ellie and Lee from Tomorrow when the war began!

message 19: by Laura (new)

Laura (laurajayne74) Ellie and Lee from Tomorrow when the war began!

message 20: by Simran (new)

Simran Fernandez | 9 comments Warren and Juilette from the shatter me trilogy

message 21: by Chabely (new)

Chabely (morechabely) | 31 comments my favorite couples are Kat and Daemon (lux), Conder and Kai (Lunar chronicles) and Celeana and Dorian (throne of glass