SCAREDY CAT discussion

The Scaredy Cat Cocktail Hour

Comments Showing 1-50 of 609 (609 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

Eric Layton (vtel57) | 697 comments Mod
This thread is for general conversation about just about anything you want. There are no set topics, categories, etc. Just picture yourself in a nice cozy pub somewhere sipping on the beverage of your choice along with a bunch of other scaredy cats.

Have fun!

*Thread suggestion from Linda. :)

message 2: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

So, the weather's been beautiful here in the Tampa Bay area for the past few days. It's 7:30PM right now and the outside temp is 67F. I'm sitting here in shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops with all the windows open and the ceiling fans going.

Winter in Florida. :)

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments Eric wrote: "So, the weather's been beautiful here in the Tampa Bay area for the past few days. It's 7:30PM right now and the outside temp is 67F. I'm sitting here in shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops with all th..."

Yeah, go ahead, rub it in! You´ll get yours soon enough! Two or three days, right?

message 4: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

Yeah, it'll be colder than a well digger's ass for about 48 hours sometime in January. ;)

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments Eric wrote: "Yeah, it'll be colder than a well digger's ass for about 48 hours sometime in January. ;)"

Let us know when, so we can rub it in!
Actually, we're happy to be in the 50s here until about Saturday or Sunday, then the cold and wind will be back on Mon/Tues. Happy birthday to me...

message 6: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

Yes, Happy Birthday to you! :)

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments Thank you! The celebrating will kinda sorta take part this weekend, though for a change I will actually have someone to hang with the actual day of (after giving two exams...). Usually, everyone in my immediate vicinity has a pile of work in front of them with grades due Friday by midnight, so no fun at all....

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela Crawford | 120 comments Happy Birthday Linda!!

message 10: by Casey, The Executioner (new)

Casey Gallagher (kcgallagher) | 506 comments Mod
Happy Birthday Linda!

message 11: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (littlemissred3) | 804 comments Happy Belated Birthday Linda!! It has been in the 70's here lately, but we'll get the cold soon enough. I start icing over when the cold hits and don't thaw out until spring. We're hardest hit in January usually.

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments Kathy wrote: "Happy Belated Birthday Linda!! It has been in the 70's here lately, but we'll get the cold soon enough. I start icing over when the cold hits and don't thaw out until spring. We're hardest hit in J..."

Oh, thanks, but you're early! It's next Tuesday! Until Monday morning, we're in the 60's here! It's not sooo strange for Rhody; I tell peeps back home "It's December and the flowers in the garden are coming out again!" But after last year's pummeling (which was pretty much like any standard Midwestern winter), people are rejoicing that we have bike-riding weather in December!

message 13: by Casey, The Executioner (new)

The weather here is very weird I must say! It is now mid December and almost 60 degrees outside in New York. And yes I've been itching to get my bike back out of storage too! lol...Who knew.

message 14: by MJ, The Priestess (new)

MJ (budsnspuds) | 928 comments Mod
Happy Birthday Linda!! It has been unusually warm here in CT as well. Today it is already 55 degrees at 9:30 am. I'll take it!!!

message 15: by MJ, The Priestess (new)

MJ (budsnspuds) | 928 comments Mod
Eric wrote: "So, the weather's been beautiful here in the Tampa Bay area for the past few days. It's 7:30PM right now and the outside temp is 67F. I'm sitting here in shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops with all th..."

I was in Marco Island last week and let me tell you it was COLD for Florida. It figures the week I went down was mostly cloudy or rainy. Only 2 and 1/2 days of sun. My sister went down the week before I did and hogged all the sun!! LOL Thankfully this has only happened once or twice before. Hopefully next year will be better!!!

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments MJ wrote: "Happy Birthday Linda!! It has been unusually warm here in CT as well. Today it is already 55 degrees at 9:30 am. I'll take it!!!"

Thanks, MJ! Home for a whole half hour and back out again! Have to put something on my scary face, as I went to bed at 2:30 and got up at 5:30 (exam week, correcting papers, NO, I wasn't doing anything fun!:) ) Even the lady in housekeeping at work said my eyes looked tired, so I know I look like three bags of ......well, you know!

Thanks so much! Yes, the weather was gorgeous, though the wind is starting to pick up as of four or five hours ago!

message 17: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Happy Belated Birthday Linda!

message 18: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments The weather here today was warm. It's still 48 degrees and it's 11:42pm est. It's suppose to be 70 on Christmas Eve.

Sorry I haven't been online too much lately. After three years of being out of work I've gotten a job. Temporary for now. I wanted to start Jan 4th but they wanted me to come in last week. Don't know why because they weren't ready for me at all. So we'll see how it goes.

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments Kellie wrote: "Happy Belated Birthday Linda!"
Thanks, Kellie! Congrats on the new job, and good luck with it!

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (littlemissred3) | 804 comments Congratulations on the new job and I hope it all works out for you!

message 21: by Aileen, #1 Scaredy Cat (new)

Aileen (agm009) | 921 comments Mod
Hi fellow scaredy cats! I've been away for awhile but I'm back. I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas

message 22: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

Kellie, count your blessings. I've been struggling with unemployment or underemployment for 8 years now. My house of cards is about to fold. :(

On a little brighter note...

Happy Holidays to everyone! :)

message 23: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Linda wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Happy Belated Birthday Linda!"
Thanks, Kellie! Congrats on the new job, and good luck with it!"

Thanks Linda!

message 24: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Kathy wrote: "Congratulations on the new job and I hope it all works out for you!"

Thanks Kathy!

message 25: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Aileen wrote: "Hi fellow scaredy cats! I've been away for awhile but I'm back. I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas"

Merry Christmas to you too Aileen!

message 26: by Kellie (last edited Dec 23, 2015 10:01PM) (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Eric wrote: "Kellie, count your blessings. I've been struggling with unemployment or underemployment for 8 years now. My house of cards is about to fold. :(

On a little brighter note...

Happy Holidays to eve..."

I feel for you Eric! I've hit dead end after dead end. Your time will come I know it. You'll get that great job! I actually got this opportunity because an old boss of mine, who screwed me over big time and I hadn't talked to in 15 years, called me out of the blue and asked if I was looking for work.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. And Happy Holidays to you too!

message 27: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Just in case I'm not around tomorrow, going to my sisters in laws for Christmas Eve, everyone have a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

message 28: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Oh off the horror topic: I saw Star Wars today! I absolutely LOVED it! It was AWESOME!

message 29: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 340 comments Kellie wrote: "Oh off the horror topic: I saw Star Wars today! I absolutely LOVED it! It was AWESOME!"

Going to see that Saturday with my little crumb munchers!

message 30: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments Ken wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Oh off the horror topic: I saw Star Wars today! I absolutely LOVED it! It was AWESOME!"

Going to see that Saturday with my little crumb munchers!"

Was at a friend's last night, and they open gifts Christmas Eve. The four year old grandson received what may have been the coolest gift ever- a Darth Vader mask with a button on the side that turns your voice into Vader's. Every boy there, both big and small, wanted one.....

message 32: by Monica (new)

Monica Go | 258 comments Happy Christmas everyone!

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (littlemissred3) | 804 comments Aileen wrote: "Hi fellow scaredy cats! I've been away for awhile but I'm back. I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas"

Merry Christmas to you too Aileen!

message 34: by Casey, The Executioner (new)

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas! and for all of you looking for work or more work, I wish for you much success. Big hugs for you all!!

message 35: by Aileen, #1 Scaredy Cat (new)

Aileen (agm009) | 921 comments Mod
Thanks KC, had a fantastic Christmas with my 3 week vacation!! Weeee needed a vaca.

message 36: by Casey, The Executioner (new)

Oh awesome indeed!

message 37: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Ken wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Oh off the horror topic: I saw Star Wars today! I absolutely LOVED it! It was AWESOME!"

Ken,

You'll all love it.

message 38: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Eric wrote: ""

Merry Christmas everyone! (A little late)

message 39: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Linda wrote: "Ken wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Oh off the horror topic: I saw Star Wars today! I absolutely LOVED it! It was AWESOME!"

Was at a friend's las..."

That is totally awesome Linda!

message 40: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Aileen wrote: "Thanks KC, had a fantastic Christmas with my 3 week vacation!! Weeee needed a vaca."

Awesome Aileen!

message 41: by Casey, The Executioner (new)

I loved Star Wars! Been a fan since the first one came out. I even own 2 light sabers! lol

message 42: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments KC,

I'm a huge fan too since it first came out. I have only one light saber though. The one from sharper image that has the real sounds and everything.

message 43: by Casey, The Executioner (new)

LOL...That's the one I have too!

message 44: by Kenneth (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 340 comments I got my two little ones light sabers for Christmas and they've been beating the snot out of each other with them ever since!

message 45: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Amiss (itsawriterfullife) | 216 comments Ken, light sabers are literally the most fun thing on the planet! :) so cool your kids are having a great time with them.

I'm going to be an aunt for the 11th time(ahhhh!!!). All ranging in age from 6 months to 18 years. And it's a boy! No matter how many time I become an aunt, I'm always excited and happy. :)

message 46: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Rebecca wrote: "Ken, light sabers are literally the most fun thing on the planet! :) so cool your kids are having a great time with them.

I'm going to be an aunt for the 11th time(ahhhh!!!). All ranging in age f..."

Congrats Rebecca on being an aunt again!

message 47: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 366 comments Well all I'm off to go next door to my cousins for New Years! I wanted to wish everyone a very Happy and Safe New Year! Enjoy!

message 48: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

I'm not off to go anywhere for New Years. I'm having a nice, quiet evening indoors with my kitties. Now if these idiots outside with all the music and screaming and fireworks would just quit that schnit and go to bed.

HA! I sound like an old biddy. ;)

HAPPY 2016, EVERYONE!

message 49: by Eric, The Crypt Keeper (new)

Congrats to Auntie Rebecca, too. :)

Linda Abhors the New GR Design | 614 comments Eric wrote: "I'm not off to go anywhere for New Years. I'm having a nice, quiet evening indoors with my kitties. Now if these idiots outside with all the music and screaming and fireworks would just quit that s..."

Happy 2016, Eric!
I´m almost jealous of the ¨cat love¨........but I think there will be enough sun in Cozumel to keep me as warm as the kitties! And no hair on my clothes.....or in my mouth......etc. :D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13