THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Linking my book to Amazon

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 2 comments I'm a new author. My book is on Amazon, available for preorder there, but when I click on the Amazon link here on Goodreads, it just goes to a search of the book title on Amazon. How do I get it to go straight to my book on Amazon? Thanks in advance...

message 2: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments That's because its ASIN was not listed as part of the Goodreads book record.

All fixed.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 2 comments rivka wrote: "That's because its ASIN was not listed as part of the Goodreads book record.

All fixed."

Ohhh. Gotcha. Thank you! :)

message 4: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Dec 13, 2015 08:34PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Rukaiyah wrote: "Along this topic, sort of, I'm having a heck of a time getting a new link added for my poetry book. I see where to do it and how but I'm doing something wrong. Who can help me?"

Purchase link or official URL link?

For the "official URL" link to additional book data (as opposed to a link to where book can be bought) -- ask a librarian to add for you by posting a request over in librarians group.

With purchase links, you can just make sure all the book data is accurate (or ask a librarian to help over in the librarians group which volunteer librarians monitor to help with specific book data issues). After completing/correcting book data, every member here just leaves the links as the goodreads defaults or customizes their links -- you'll have zero control over how readers customize their purchase links or which ones they use beyond making book data is correct. Most links will search by isbn/asin/bnid numbers or by title so those two pieces of data are particularly important.