The 2015 Book Genre Challenge discussion

24 views
Individual Reads > December Reads - Dystopia

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renuka , (eternal-books) (new)

Renuka  | 212 comments There's so many options! I personally might read Ready Player One just because it looks so intense! Also, the summary reminds me a bit of Insignia (but not really?), which was one of my favorite novels a few years back!

What about you guys?


message 2: by Frogli (new)

Frogli | 75 comments I think I'm probably just sticking to The Handmaid's Tale, it's coming up to busiest time of the year work wise and I'm just either too busy or tired to read as much as I'd like.


message 3: by Silvia, (grangerandherbooks) (new)

Silvia (biblionation) | 187 comments I was thinking of reading Article 5, Monument 14 or Partials, since my sister is currently OBSESSED with post-apocalyptic dystopian and those fit her criteria, plus I'd love to read them with her!


message 4: by Renuka , (eternal-books) (new)

Renuka  | 212 comments Silvia wrote: "I was thinking of reading Article 5, Monument 14 or Partials, since my sister is currently OBSESSED with post-apocalyptic dystopian and those fit her criteria, plus I'd love to read them with her!"

Article 5 is actually so good! Or I thought it was at least, when I read it haha. It was a while ago. Partials too, but I think I find it a little generic now. Or drawn out. But both are good :)


message 5: by Tamara (new)

Tamara (tamarasan) I read Across the Universe by Beth Revis for this month. It was... Different. The plot had some interesting aspects to it regarding being stuck on a colony spaceship and the dystopian theme; some of it reminded me of Snowpiercer (which is a graphic novel and a movie with Chris Evans and I recommend both). However, there were some aspects of this book that were either too simplistic or too cliche.


message 6: by Sole (new)

Sole (fluorita) This weekend I finished reading Ready Player One, and have to say it was pretty awesome! If someone's looking for something else to read this month, and is a fan of videogames and everything related to the '80s, go ahead and pick it up :)


message 7: by Renuka , (eternal-books) (new)

Renuka  | 212 comments Sole wrote: "This weekend I finished reading Ready Player One, and have to say it was pretty awesome! If someone's looking for something else to read this month, and is a fan of videogames and everything relate..."

I really want to read Ready Player One, especially because I love Insignia so much! I think I'll like it.


message 8: by Sole (new)

Sole (fluorita) Renuka wrote: "I really want to read Ready Player One, especially because I love Insignia so much! I think I'll like it."
I'm sure you'll love it, specially if you consider yourself a geek like me, ahahahahah!

Happy New Year everyone!


message 9: by Frogli (new)

Frogli | 75 comments Happy New Year everyone :)

I finished The Handmaid's Tale, I don't know if 'enjoy' is exactly the word I'd use but it is very good.


back to top