All About YA discussion

Read-A-Thon Archives > 2015 #CRAMATHON

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (last edited Dec 08, 2015 12:12PM) (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Hello everyone! I'm here to tell you about an exciting read-a-thon coming up, Cram-a-thon!

This read-a-thon was created by Whitney @ WhittyNovels on YouTube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEslo...

*INFORMATION*
Dates: December 19 - December 22
Twitter: @CramAThon

*RULES*
There are no specific rules for this read-a-thon. You just want to read as many books as possible in the time period! However, there are several challenges set for the read-a-thon. It is not mandatory to complete any of them, but it adds some fun!

*CHALLENGES*
1. Read an audiobook or ebook
2. Read a bindup
3. Finish a series/read the last book of a series
4. Read a book under 200 pages
5. Finish a book you DNF’ed
6. Read a graphic novel series (or as many graphic novels as you can)
7. Read 5 books total

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to help answer them!

Will you be participating in the read-a-thon? Let's start this off and post our TBRs! I'm excited to see what everyone else wants to read :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
Hmmm, I never really thought about joining this Read-A-Thon, but maybe I will.

I'll combine Challenge 1 & 4 by reading the ebook Enslaved By The Alpha: Part VII (it releases the 15th)

For Challenge 3 I'll try to read either: Ignite Me OR The One

I don't know what I'd read for the other challenges right now, will see when the 18th comes around, what books I did not finish by then.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Robin wrote: "Hmmm, I never really thought about joining this Read-A-Thon, but maybe I will.

I'll combine Challenge 1 & 4 by reading the ebook Enslaved By The Alpha: Part VII (it releases the 15th)

For Chall..."

Thanks Robin! Ah I hope you love The One! The Selection series is one of my favorites :)

If you're at all interested in Challenge 6, reading a graphic novel, I'd be happy to suggest some :) just let me know!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Only 1 week until the read-a-thon starts everyone! :)

message 5: by Emily (last edited Dec 21, 2015 09:41AM) (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Here's my TBR so far :) I doubt I'll be able to read all of these, but I like having options, so I've listed a lot haha.

1. Read an audiobook or ebook
Somewhere In Between by Katie Li (for review) Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer (audiobook, I've started, but it's really long!)

2. Read a bindup
My True Love Gave to Me Twelve Holiday Stories by Stephanie Perkins (this isn't really considered a bindup, but I don't own any and I can't think of any that my library might have, oops)

3. Finish a series/read the last book of a series
Catacomb (Asylum, #3) by Madeleine Roux

4. Read a book under 200 pages
Night (The Night Trilogy, #1) by Elie Wiesel

5. Finish a book you DNF’ed
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

6. Read a graphic novel series (or as many graphic novels as you can)
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1 Squirrel Power by Ryan North Blankets by Craig Thompson Watchmen by Alan Moore Far Out Fairy Tales by Joey Comeau (for review)

7. Read 5 books total (just other quick books, such as books in verse or with pictures, I might read during the weekend)
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments It's almost time! For those of you participating in the eastern standard time zone, only 20 minutes until midnight and read-a-thon officially begins! Can't wait to start reading!

message 7: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Has anyone been reading? It's Day 2!

So far I've finished The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1 Squirrel Power by Ryan North The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

message 8: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 388 comments Mod
Sorry I'm late but I'm in for this fast pace Read-A-Thon! I hope to get some books read here

message 9: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 388 comments Mod
I just finished reading James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Janessa wrote: "I just finished reading James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl"

Yay thanks for joining! Be sure to keep us updated with what you've read :) I'm interested to see what everyone chooses.

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments On Day 2, I finished A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Far Out Fairy Tales by Joey Comeau

Today's the last day everyone! I hope to finish Never Never (Never Never, #1) by Colleen Hoover

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Cram-a-thon has ended! How did everyone do?

I read a total of 5 books, and completed challenge #1, 6, and 7!