Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > Book cover-your opinion

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.J. (last edited Dec 09, 2015 03:21AM) (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 32 comments Hi!
I'm almost finished with my book.... This is cover (probably).
I would love some feedback.
Title translated into English is "JUST BE THERE"
It's New- adult fiction.
description

Link to a larger version. https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/phot...

message 2: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Can you link to a larger version? Can't really see much in the thumbnail here.

message 3: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 32 comments I'll try. Orginal size is 1600x2400. Don't know why is this small?

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Hmm, yeah, the size is small and the aspect ratio is way off. Do you just have the link to where the image is hosted?

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Oh, I like that. The way the man's face is split apart by the zipper is pretty eye-catching, though the upper part is more noticeable than the bottom.

message 6: by Anthony Deeney (new)

Anthony Deeney | 437 comments I like it, but as icon the faces wil be lost.

message 7: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 32 comments I'm glad you like it.
Right side of his face is in front so left side is little hidden, but I did that to show his scar.

message 8: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Anthony is correct, it'll be much harder to read as a thumbnail, but that's the case for most books, I think. Certainly is for both of mine.

message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill (jillbrock) | 77 comments The faces are subtle and the details might get lost. I did find the cover provocative.

message 10: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Holmes | 4 comments I liked this. The image is eye catching and makes you want to know more. I had however missed that the man's face was split in two by the zip - didn't notice the lower part until I read the comments above. Maybe define the lower part a bit more? This will give the cover even more impact. Best wishes Ellie

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Schwimley (victoriaschwimley) | 161 comments I might be reaching, but when I put the title with the image, it says to me the man is hoping the woman will be there. if that's not the case, then I don't get the image. It is eye-catching, though. what about a subtle color change behind the zipper? I would be inclined to click on it.

message 12: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 32 comments Thank you all for comments and specially for positive feedback.
I'm going to try and make some changes to have even better cover. Until then I will write blurb. It's even harder than writing book...
I will need your opinion on that too.

message 13: by S.J. (last edited Dec 24, 2015 01:30PM) (new)

S.J. Abbo (abbobooks) | 32 comments This is front and back
description

message 14: by Ben (new)

Ben Mariner I like the front cover. Subtle but effective. I'm not super crazy about the face on the back. I've always felt like something like that makes it hard to read. Even thought the text stands out well against the background image, I think the image draws the eye more than the text.

That might just be me though.