How to Promote YOUR book on Amazon discussion

Ivan Sivec
This topic is about Ivan Sivec
General > Two ways to investi into book promo

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ivan (new)

Ivan (ISivec) | 3 comments Hello!

I am thankful for every advice or experience authors are willing to share with me regarding the following topic:
I am about to launch a free promo on Amazon for my YA Novel The X Factor. The X Factor Confessions of a Naive Fashion Model by Ivan Sivec

Now, I am prepared to invest some money for promotion. I am browsing through various websites offering promotion on their webpages, newsletter and social media. Prizes vary.

What do you think is the best possible way to cash in my money? Should I contact some bigger, acknowldged companies and pay a higher amount to them or should I contact several 'smaller' bloggers (that carge $10-$15 on average) for book promo via Twitter, Facebook etc. This way I would have more audience covered, but Kindle Nation Daily or Freebooksy must have their adventages too, right?

What would you suggest? Paying a lump sum to a bigger company or distributing the same money over several smaller companies?

Thank you so much for your help!

message 2: by James (new)

James (jameshalat) Based on my own experience, to go with either, you need to look into what their audience is. Are they legitimate? Are their followers really readers? That sort of thing. It can be time consuming.

One site I can recommend is Books Go Social. They have a range of packages ($59 - $259) you can choose from and excellent Facebook pages to talk with both readers and writers. see: http://thebookpromoter.com/. Might be worth a look.

message 3: by Ivan (new)

Ivan (ISivec) | 3 comments James wrote: "Based on my own experience, to go with either, you need to look into what their audience is. Are they legitimate? Are their followers really readers? That sort of thing. It can be time consuming.
..."

Thank you for your advice, James. I decided to go with Goddessfish and no other smaller promoters. Fingers crossed, there still so much I need to learn about book marketing :)

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 7 comments Click-through marketing through social media has seemed very promising to me, but I haven't had the chance to test it out yet. Any results you could share would be very useful! Best of luck!

message 5: by Ivan (new)

Ivan (ISivec) | 3 comments Joseph wrote: "Click-through marketing through social media has seemed very promising to me, but I haven't had the chance to test it out yet. Any results you could share would be very useful! Best of luck!"

I definetly will!